quick kick swith for DW TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
An addition I made for my DW 746 - works great to avoid taking hands from job to switch off

DavidF

New User
David
what happened to my pics...:BangHead:

Attachments

• Dscf0007small.jpg
    Dscf0007small.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 179
  • Dscf0008small.jpg
    Dscf0008small.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 184

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
Ok, I think I figured it out ... (the little hook).

I've thought about building something similar for my saw, but haven't got there yet.

DavidF

New User
David
Yes, the little hook turns it on. I didn't want to start modifying the switch so I looked around for a cheap quick solution - works well.

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
sapwood said:
Pretty crafty idea. Almost as good as a Sawstop:lol:

Sapwood

I figure that if I stick my finger in my TS blade, during all my flailing around and screaming I'm bound to hit the switch somehow and switch the thing off, lol.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I have the saw. Might have to steal your idea:jealous:

But here is something I don't understand. While I'm not much of a woodworker, I have been using power tools both woodowrker and metal since I've been 16. For those who cant substract, that's a lot of years:lol:. Not once have I ever been even slightly injured while a power tool was being operated. BUT, I have done a lot of damage to myself when the tools were not powered on or with hand tools.

A few months ago, I was changing the blade on my table saw and managed to shred my forearm reaching for the dropped arbor nut. So much so, that rcorne01 thught that I had come in contact with a running BS blade. Today I was using the router table to "freehand" a hinge mortice, something I know better than to do. No problem:eusa_danc But as I was squaring the corners with a chisel, I managed to jam it into the web of my hand.:roll:

Btw, if anyone needs a lot batic birch ply with a very intreresting red and now brown stain, I have some:eusa_danc

DavidF

New User
David
You are very welcome to use the idea! please send the royalty check to some animal charity charity of your choice:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS