Quick, but Effective Gouge Shelf

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Well, the Turn & Learn is Tuesday at mi casa and my lathe tools had no place to live since parting with the Delta and it's great storage system underneath! That just wouldn't do ...

So between time working on the Maloof chair, I built this extremely simple and not-so-elegant shelf for the gouges.

IMG_9117.JPG

IMG_9119.JPG

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
NICE RACK!!!:icon_thum looks similar to mine. BTW that lathe looks mighty clean.:gar-Bi I made a shelf under mine to keep chucks, steady rests ect.. but mostly it collects shavings! lots of em!:rotflm:

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Yeah, it's mighty clean ... but not for long. I cleaned up a bit today.

I too plan to build something under the lathe ... waiting on a good deal on some quality plywood! Got any for me?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Yeah, it's mighty clean ... but not for long. I cleaned up a bit today.

I too plan to build something under the lathe ... waiting on a good deal on some quality plywood! Got any for me?

I used some prefinished flooring. got it out of the trash bin on a jobsite. yeh I'm thrifty!:gar-La; what I found was 8" t&g plywood with oak on the face. I dropped a ouple boards in the recesses provided and attached a few cross braces to carry the flooring. I may have some more out there in the shop. If not I can prolly get some but its a long ride for a few feet of floooring.:rotflm: you can get the stuff at the BORG pretty cheap. one bundle would do it and be under 20 bucks if they have some they are clearanceing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS