Question about Profile....

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
I don't recall a product or service being listed among the items not permitted in a username, avatar or signature. It's not offensive, religious, sexual, political or racial in nature.

Sounds more like sour grape syndrome to me.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I don't recall a product or service being listed among the items not permitted in a username, avatar or signature. It's not offensive, religious, sexual, political or racial in nature.

Sounds more like sour grape syndrome to me.

I agree. We have other members and business/members that have similar type signatures and/or usernames. Some even with web links in the signature. I don't see a problem with it. Although Alan grates on some people's nerves, he is a frequent contributor and supporter of the site and should be allowed the same privilege as any other member.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
There should be no issue. Yes it is commercial in nature but it is WW related. Besides if you look at other business members like: thesource, scsmith42, and others they promote their business in their signature.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
BTW..... IMHO Alan's signature is very tacky and only Alan would go to that level.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Maybe we should ask Incra.... But I am sure they don't mind the free advertising.

Glennbear

Glenn
There should be no issue. Yes it is commercial in nature but it is WW related. Besides if you look at other business members like: thesource, scsmith42, and others they promote their business in their signature.

BTW..... IMHO Alan's signature is very tacky and only Alan would go to that level.

I agree with Scott's assessment but would add that Alan has never shied away from using NCWW for promotion of himself, his ideas, and his inventions. Some of you may recall many months ago there was a brouhaha when I called him on it in a public thread. As I warned at the time, as he brings things to market he will advertise and promote them to other members without regard for the tackiness of doing so. I guess I may have been right for once. :gar-La;

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm sure he will find many buyers for his product nation - and even worldwide. The entire process brings about a quandry in my mind that I'll relate from my own field:
Are carpenters getting more stupid because of truss fabricators, or are truss fabricators more necessary because carpenters are getting more stupid?
Each time someone puts out a fixture like this it somehow diminishes the necessity for a WWer to use cognitive skills to pre - plan his task(s) and instead just flash some plastic. In that respect I feel it diminishes the craft in furtherance of the product IMO.
Anybody see anything wrong with letting our members see the above paragraph in a non - personal Post when the opportunity presents itself?

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Wow, this was quite a discussion :)

As its not a policy violation, nothing to be done.

I for one am glad we don't have a "chesse-o-meter" on anything we can post here. I'd be in big trouble.....

Dennis, I was stupid long before the truss, so not sure I can say which came first......

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS