Question about fountain pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Anyone out there with experience of the Baron fountain pen kits? When I put together my first fountain, it had a pump with it. Umm... what's this for? Draining the nib if you want to change inks?

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Maybe what you suggest and possibly to drain the ink if it is going to be stored for an extended period?

J. Fred Muggs

New User
Fred Ray
Clay:
The pump is so you can use ink from a bottle as opposed to the cartridges. You can fill the pump reservoir by dipping the end into the bottle and turning the screw thingy on the other end, wipe it off then stick it on just like you would the cartridge. Or, my preference, is to install it empty then dip the nib into the ink bottle and fill. It's the same concept as the old fountain pens before the ink cartridges came along.

I recommend Private Reserve brand ink in bottles or cartridges. It's just a little more expensive, but much smoother flowing and better writing. Google for it, lots of folks sell it over the net but it may be hard to find locally. Comes in a ton of colors.

The Baron makes a very nice pen in roller ball or fountain pen.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Ahh.. I see how it works now! I would have looked silly trying to suck the ink of of the nib with it! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS