Quarter Sawn White Oak

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I was called to see if I had an interest in buying 250 bf of QSWO. You know what that answer was. It was left over from a office building door project and was stored inside for the last four years. Of course I bought it and it turned out to be about 300 bf. All 8 ft long, planed on both sides with the 4/4 being mostly 8" wide. About 100 bf is a full 8/4 from 7 to 11" wide. After I loaded the lumber, I was shown a pile of cut-offs that were offered free. As you can see from the pictures, most of this averages over 3 ft long and is a full 8/4. Looks like I will be building some craftsman style furniture.

I have a new policy in that any tool not used for over a year will be sold. With that in mine I will be listing my RBI Hawk 26' scroll saw and the Legacy Ornamental Mill in the very near future on this site. The lathe may not be far behind???

IMGP0237.JPG

View image in gallery

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will be in MB in mid July.... Might be able to PE for someone.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Go Dino - ditch that spinny machine, it ain't no good for nothing but making wood dizzy anyways.

Nice score on the FLAT QSWO

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
For Craftsman furniture you would enjoy Greg Paolini. Just finished my second weeklong class with him which was super!!!!!!!!! Built a Greene and Greene desk that turned out fabulous. I'm now building a Limbert-style coffee table he designed for Fine Woodworking and I'll probably put it next to the Bow Arm Morris Chair I did with him last year. Check out his website, you might even see some people you recognize from another chair class.

Regards, Jerry

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Dino,

Nice score at a good price. Send us some pics as you make your pieces. :icon_cheers

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Nice find on the wood,wish I lived closer to get in line with the ss when you get ready to sell.
Tony

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
Dino, If you need any more, my neighbor just showed me a thousand board feet of QSWO he had cut next to the Biltmore Forest Golf Course. It is Kiln Dried but is rough cut to 5/4 and 6/4. He only wants to get his costs from it and will sell it for $2.00/ BF. I just stocked up but at this deal, I might have to find a place to stack some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors