Quality of different pen kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
There are all kinds of pen kits available. The largest difference seems to be in the stated durability in the gold kits. I've seen 10k, 24k, upgrade gold and titanium gold.

Who uses which kind of gold kits and on what do you base that decision?

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Cathy, I have gone to using platinum/rhodium kits exclusively. I found after several years of use the cheaper kits end up worn and the plating comes off. I decided I would rather sell fewer pens at a premium price. I now sell only the best kits using the best woods. If you can find the right market, colleges with professors, traveling salesmen, particularly those that cater to dentists and doctors, etc. they will buy the best pens. And the most.....

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
For now, I buy what I can afford and get the most practice out of. hope to sell a few along the way. What Big Mike does would be my goal.

woodguy1975

New User
John
I agree with BM. I lean towards the Rhod. platings or the Titanium gold. The titanium gold is actually a wear coating. It is the same coating that may be on your drill bits. Of course it wears very well. The standard gold is easily scratched and doesn't last the longest. As far as kit quality is concerned Craft supplies and Berea are top. PSI kits are the bottom quality to me.

Thanks,

John

cskipper

Cathy
Thank you. I've been wanting to start buying the better kits too, just wanted to be sure it wasn't a gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS