QSRO Finishing options

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtomasch

New User
David
I have started, and plan to complete tomorrow, the Greene & Greene side table from FWW July/Aug 2004. I am using some wonderful QSRO (thanks jeff!) instead of the Maho that was called for. It will be a christmas present for my mom. I love the rays of R/O, but would like to tone it down a bit. I am looking for suggestions for a finish schedule to tone down the reds and pinks while still preserving the beauty of this fone wood. Jeff...Please don't put a hit out on me if I stain, I mean tone, this wood. I had enough of this lumber to do the project, but not enough $$$ to buy Maho. I will post pictures if I can find the dang charger for my camera:dontknow:. Any suggestions are appreciated!

J

jeff...

Dave try a sealer, then toner, then a clear top coat finish. what color are your looking for? Do have a minwax color picked out?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave, here's some stain color examples that I did on (primarily) riff sawn RO that might give you some ideas-

Lizard_cages_complete_010.jpg

Dave:)

dtomasch

New User
David
Tanks for the replies guys. Jeff, I have gotten into the habit of sealing all of my work before applying anything else. At the very least it shows me where I missed sanding. Dave, What is the color third from the left. I think 4th is a bit dark, as I want to preserve the overall look of the wood, just tone out the pinks. Is that pecan?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave, What is the color third from the left. I think 4th is a bit dark, as I want to preserve the overall look of the wood, just tone out the pinks. Is that pecan?

The third from the left is Golden Oak by Varathane. I made all these sample boards with the 1 oz. tester packs from Klingspor.

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS