PVC gluye

Status
Not open for further replies.

weelis

New User
weelis
Is there an yway to make the pvc glue last longer before it gums up to the point that it is not usable? Thnx.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
If you can seal the lid tightly then the glue can last years in storage, I probably buy a can about every 10 years unless I'm tackling a job that warrants enough glue to buy a new can earlier. I tighten the lid as much as I possibly can by hand, later on when it comes time to open it I will usually need my pliers to get it back off since the glue around the rim (from daubing off the excess glue) dries and seals things very tightly.

DWSmith

New User
David
Probably means PVA like TiteBond. One year shelf life, unopened or opened. Anything more than a year and it loses its holding strength. Also, if you let it freeze that will weaken its bond as well.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
So, that 5 year old gallon of TB III I've been using to refill my glue bottle is probably past its due date?

DWSmith

New User
David
That is the same exact date code information I have posted at least twice here on NCWW. As for the shelf life, I was speaking with a Franklins rep who gave me the one year shelf life figure. I also has an occasion to speak with one of their technical people and he gave me the same one year spiel as well. I would believe the rep and tech person.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Probably means PVA like TiteBond. One year shelf life, unopened or opened. Anything more than a year and it loses its holding strength. Also, if you let it freeze that will weaken its bond as well.
and if you save it for more than a year AND let it freeze twice - its more like a booger than glue - at least that's what I heard! :embaresse

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
and if you save it for more than a year AND let it freeze twice - its more like a booger than glue - at least that's what I heard! :embaresse
No your right its like snotty boogers.

Maybe the Fountain of Youth isn't a fountain at all. Maybe it's a way of looking at things. A way of thinking.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
No your right its like snotty boogers.

Maybe the Fountain of Youth isn't a fountain at all. Maybe it's a way of looking at things. A way of thinking.
AH HA!
That's where I "heard" it - Jeff told me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors