Putting things in perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
WOW! I'd say that's progress! Just getting the washer & dryer out of the kitchen is progress in itself. The Cabinets look great. What material is the countertop? When you get those cabinets faced with doors/drawers, it'll be time to pop the cork in that wine bottle!

Edit: BTW - you came up with a GREAT use for the water supply/drain... don't cap it off - put a sink there! :eusa_clap

Last edited:

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Beautiful work, Steve and some wonderful progress. Kitchen will be a show piece. Please continue to post progress pics.....:mrgreen:

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Thanks, it's been a lot of fun and quite the learning experience. The counter is Cherry with about 10 coats of tung oil. I don't plan to chop directly on it but the sink cutout will make a great cutting board. The cabinets are birch ply cases with Walnut face frames. I sprayed trans tint dye to get the espresso color. That stuff is awesome and does a great job for color consitency without obscuring the grain. I top coated with 4 coats of water based satin lacquer.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Thanks,

There has been a lot of "remainder". I have essentially gutted the house since we've been there. I'm on the last set of base cabinets right now and need to make another cherry countertop that is a clone of the first but without a sink, then it's on to doors and drawers. I hope to have the kitchen completed before Thanksgiving.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS