Project Glass

Lowespro2

Nick
Senior User
Where do my RDU area friends find reasonably priced custom cut glass for their projects, such as picture frames?

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Burke Brothers on Hillsborough St in Raleigh, near NC State Fairgrounds, cuts it to order.
I believe Capitol City Lumber also does - but shorter hours there - location a few blocks away from BB Hdwr. I live near these and have always been able to get what I need at either of these places.
I just had GlassDepots (off of Poole Rd, east Raleigh) make some pieces for me to inset into interior doors at church, Tempered glass. As cheap as the 2 or 3 other places I called - but this outfit probably overkill for a few pieces of picture frame glass though.
Even AC Moore or Micheal's might do this, but likely more $$.

Brantnative

Jeff
Corporate Member
Where strength doesn't matter, like picture frames, you can't really beat Lowe's. They'll cut it to size as well.

Lowespro2

Nick
Senior User
Thanks for the sources! I didn’t know Lowe’s went back to selling glass, the store I used to work at had stopped selling glass and only sold plexiglass due to safety concerns.

Shayne

New User
Shayne
Glass Doctor of Raleigh, 5912 Triangle Dr, Raleigh, NC 27617

Used them once and they were very good to work with. I needed a triangle for a flag case and they made it exactly as I asked

gator

George
Corporate Member
Just a hint - get 'non-glare' glass for picture frames. Much better outcome without the potential glare messing up viewing the picture.
George

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Ace Hardware will also cut glass, I built a couple of challenge coin displays a few years ago and had them cut the glass.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS