problem with Chrome

FlyingRon

Ron
The change happened when I upgraded XenForo to the latest version a few days ago. I appreciate the people who have spent some time reproducing it.

The NCWW style primarily was to make XF look like our old site, though there are a few things that are in that style that aren't in the default other than just color/font differences.

FlyingRon

Ron
OK, the problem here is if I breath on the thing it stops happening, but I think I might have an inkling as to what was going on. Please, let me know if you see one of these bogus formatted pages again and if you can catch it do a "View Page Source" and paste that in a PM to me.

Thanks!

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Ron,

I just switched back to NCWW style from default and it appears that access to the site with my version of Chrome no longer has the weird formatting problems. If it should crop up, I will capture a page source view and send it to you. Thanks.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
seems to be working tonight (in Chrome)... was a "fix" applied or did the ghost in the machine go haunt someone else?

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
OK, the problem here is if I breath on the thing it stops happening, but I think I might have an inkling as to what was going on. Please, let me know if you see one of these bogus formatted pages again and if you can catch it do a "View Page Source" and paste that in a PM to me.

Thanks!
Thank you Ron - not to be a "dolt" but how do I "do a view page source?"

FlyingRon

Ron
Oh, in Chrome under View>Developers or it's in the right click menu. You may have to go to settings to turn on view source.

Anyhow, with the help from the guys at XenForo, they point out that it's not anything in XenForo that's doing this. It appears that the Apache on the BITNMAI configuration we use here has an optional (and somewhat experimental feature) that increases the speed of the server by rewriting things. Apparently, it has a bug in it. I've disabled it until I can figure out what that is.
At this point, if you see the wierd formatting, just let me know. I don't need the Page Sources anymore at this point.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Oh, in Chrome under View>Developers or it's in the right click menu. You may have to go to settings to turn on view source.

Anyhow, with the help from the guys at XenForo, they point out that it's not anything in XenForo that's doing this. It appears that the Apache on the BITNMAI configuration we use here has an optional (and somewhat experimental feature) that increases the speed of the server by rewriting things. Apparently, it has a bug in it. I've disabled it until I can figure out what that is.
At this point, if you see the wierd formatting, just let me know. I don't need the Page Sources anymore at this point.
Thanks - will do! Your disabling it obviously worked!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors