Problem Ordering Raffle Tickets

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
Hello! I keep getting this cryptic error message when I try to buy raffle tickets. Can you tell me what it means? Is it a problem with my card or the system?

FAILURE: ADcln - AVS

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Richard, try contacting your CC provider, this appears to be a mismatch of Address Verification Service (AVS). This was recently discussed in a related thread. If I am reading the chart in the linked message correctly, your Street address matches, ZIP does not.

https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/i-formally-give-up.67080/

EDIT 2: Breaking down the code it reads A (which is type) Dcln which means DECLINED and AVS is the additional part telling where the issues was.

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
Hrm no that's not it. I just verified that my zip code is 100% correct. Also it shows four duplicate charges for the tickets as "Pending" on my account... hope all of these don't go through or the wife will kill me. :D

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm not seeing any tickets assigned to you Richard. Maybe Ron or Ken can confirm.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I had a similar issue about 2 weeks ago as did other members. Ron "fixed" something in the new system and it worked fine with my credit cards (2). I then received the ticket numbers from Ron on April 22.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I saw the decline messages for your card. No tickets were issued. If your bank does not remove the charges, let us know and we can do something about it - either clear the charge or issue tickets manually. So far, all these declined transactions have not resulted in actual charges to the cards. They have showed up as pending for a day or two in some of the cases before being removed.

I have not been seeing the large number of declined transactions we were seeing before Ron fixed a leading zero problem in the CCV code field. Your's is the first decline I've seen in a week. If you find out why it was declined please let us know. The code indicates an address verification problem.

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
OK thanks Ken for the reassurance. I have checked the address I'm putting in against the address on my credit card statements, and they match, to the letter. All my credit card correspondence still goes to an NC address, so me being in Canada isn't the issue. I guess I may just have to sit this raffle out :(

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
OK thanks Ken for the reassurance. I have checked the address I'm putting in against the address on my credit card statements, and they match, to the letter. All my credit card correspondence still goes to an NC address, so me being in Canada isn't the issue. I guess I may just have to sit this raffle out :(

Call your credit card company right after a decline, they can tell you why, and they can even override the decline and you can do it again and it will go thru. And if you are in Canada and the card being used mostly in Canada, and suddenly a NC charge appears, they may decline as it looks fraudulent.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
If we purchased tickets, were we supposed to receive the numbers?

Please check your SPAM folder for the email coming from "Soul of the Machine" - some ISP's will block email without telling you about it unless you opt out of their SPAM detection service. GoDaddy does this and I was losing email until I found where to disable that service on their website.

mgreene93

Mark
Corporate Member
Please check your SPAM folder for the email coming from "Soul of the Machine" - some ISP's will block email without telling you about it unless you opt out of their SPAM detection service. GoDaddy does this and I was losing email until I found where to disable that service on their website.
Nope...nothing...If I happen to win, do I need the numbers?

FlyingRon

Ron
You don't need them because we look up the prizes by name when the numbers are drawn. But I'll send you a PM with your numbers.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS