Pressure treated lumber

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Besides Lowes and Home Depot, does anyone in the Raleigh area sell pressure treated pine?

I quoted a price to build a potting bench for a customer based on the prices I saw at the time. I checked again today and found that the price of 2x4x8' and also 5/4x6x8' had gone up by just about $2 each. That is a big jump from about $3.50 to about $5.50. Not really too surprised to see Lowes and Home Depot offering the same pricing on both items. Coincidence? Maybe.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
BMG, not far from you on Cleveland School Rd, Tarheel Wood Treating in Morrisville, Builder's Discount Center in Wendel, 84 Lumber, off Wake Forest Road, Capital City Lumber just to name a few. As for pricing, they "shop" each other daily. One goes up, the other goes up, and the same for going down. Kinda like the gas stations.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks Bruce, I appreciate the list of local suppliers.

It seems that none of the companies listed here have any pricing information available on line. I try to do most of my research during non-business hours, so the lack of on-line information makes it a bit more difficult for me to compare prices and availability. I really don't have the time to call each of these companies/stores individually to get their current pricing and availability.

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Tarheel Wood Treating in Morrisville , Just finished redoing my deck. Purchased some really beautiful boards 5/4 X 6 X 14 from Tarheel wood treating. 80% were clear, the rest had minimum number of solid knots. Highly recommended !!! and they do deliver. my price 14footers for 10.40 each for premium grade. Could not find 14' anywhere else , and did not want to waste 2' from a 16' at the Big box stores for their version of premium grade boards.

Last edited:

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Makes you want to use the words "Market Price" when citing materials cost in a bid?

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks Pete.

Looks like another retailer with no on-line price list. Looks like I will have to start sending out some emails to get pricing.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Thanks Pete.

Looks like another retailer with no on-line price list. Looks like I will have to start sending out some emails to get pricing.

most of the retailers you'll need to email or call, I've used Guy C Lee and Stock (whatever they call themselves now) and I did find the lumber from them was usually higher quality, and similar prices. But you have to call in or email a list of what you need.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
I used Tarheel after lots of research fifteen yrs ago if that helps. You might be better off sending them a list of what you need and compare total price. You can look at delivery fee vs renting a trailer. I rented from go slow video on 401. Remember that the treated wood can be very wet and heavy if you decide to do it yourself.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS