Prayer Request "Update Added"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator

George
Corporate Member
My 12 year old grand-daughter was admitted this afternoon to Duke's Ped Cardiac ICU. She has had a cough for a couple of months which everyone thought was just a cold. She has been tired for the last month and couldn't go all out in her dance classes. Her family Doctor said he might have heard something that led him to believe that she should get some tests made at Duke. Showed up there for tests at 1:30 and by 3:00 they had her in the ICU. Enlarged heart, not pumping as it should and lots of fluid. Suspect is that she was born with a defect that lay dormant until now and some virus triggered the onset. She will be there for a minimum of 2-3 weeks to see if meds will solve the problem. If they don't then its on to possibility of long-term meds and bed rest. If she gets worse quick, they have already started the process for a heart transplant (paper work, listing, etc) so they will have a jump on it if she gets to that point, so they won't have lost 3-4 weeks.

Thanks for the prayers.

George

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Re: Prayer Request

George -

Done and done. Kids getting sick is rough. My youngest spent 14 days in NICU at Childrens Hospital of the Kings Daughters here in Norfolk when he was born. On the off chance that there is a visit to CHKD in her future, please don't hesitate to ask if there is anything we can do to help.

C.

b4man

New User
Barbara

George,
This is devastating news. Even though I think I can imagine the absolute fear you and your family are going through, I know I haven't a clue.

Prayers and energy sent for her and all of you. Please keep us informed of her progress. You are in my heart.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

George prayers sent. Kids are tough. I am sure between her age and the good doctors at Duke she will be 100% in no time.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie

Prayers lifted. May the meds take care of the situation and God give His grace to her and her family.:eusa_pray

dupont6480

New User
Tim

George,
Our prayers are with you and your grandaugther; and with all of your family. She is in great hands now between the doctors and our Lord. Keep the faith.
Tim

95vette

New User
Jim

Hello, We will all be praying for your grandaughter, a good friend of mine who is 67 years old just went thru a heart transplant at Duke two months ago, and is doing excellent now getting stronger everyday doing anything he wants to do, this is after Pitt Memorial in Greenville NC said there wasn't anything they could do for him. So they must have some of the best doctors around.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member

She will be in our prayers! She is in a very good place, God does amazing work there!

Donn

cheryllewis

New User
cheryl

My 12 year old grand-daughter was admitted this afternoon to Duke's Ped Cardiac ICU. She has had a cough for a couple of months which everyone thought was just a cold. She has been tired for the last month and couldn't go all out in her dance classes. Her family Doctor said he might have heard something that led him to believe that she should get some tests made at Duke. Showed up there for tests at 1:30 and by 3:00 they had her in the ICU. Enlarged heart, not pumping as it should and lots of fluid. Suspect is that she was born with a defect that lay dormant until now and some virus triggered the onset. She will be there for a minimum of 2-3 weeks to see if meds will solve the problem. If they don't then its on to possibility of long-term meds and bed rest. If she gets worse quick, they have already started the process for a heart transplant (paper work, listing, etc) so they will have a jump on it if she gets to that point, so they won't have lost 3-4 weeks.

Thanks for the prayers.

George
You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. My mom was a heart patient at Duke almost 2 yeas ago. Your granddaughter is in the best place she could be in my opinion....remarkable doctors and facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors