Power Tool Table Polish

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
This may seem like it's coming out of left field, but as a kid we had a sliding board that my Dad brought home from a school playground remodel. That thing was about 7 feet tall and the slide was polished stainless steel. We'd get a piece of wax paper from the kitchen and put it down to slide on a few times, and man, you could scoot. Anyone ever thought of using wax paper?

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
For the small spots, etc, I use WD-40 and a green abrasive mat to clean them up. My saw table shows its age, though, so you may want to try a small spot next to an edge or under the fence to make sure you will be okay with the result (sheen, etc).

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Personally, I think every cast iron top machine should come from the factory with a "beer can ring" already on the top. It sure would stop a lot of whining about when this happens. It's a tool designed to work, not to worship! No disrespect to original poster intended.

Warren

Warren
Corporate Member
Also use Johnson's on lathe and saw. My jointer gets an application of
Renaissance Wax that has very fine abrasives that not only lubricates but helps clean and polish.
Both provide good protection.

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
Bruce,
No disrespect taken. I am in the process of installing a power feeder that I will use on my table saw, band saw, and router table. The polish is to make the lumber feed more smoothly and evenly than it is for cosmetic reasons. My table saw is a 30 yr. old Delta Unisaw and it has more than its share of rings, discolorations, etc.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS