POSTPONED April 4 Sharpening Workshop

Craig C

Craig
User
As Shakespeare said when his much anticipated tool sharpening class was cancelled: "Discretion is the better part of valor." I feel sorry for Shakespeare, because as much as he tried, he could never get an edge on his scrapers that would do anything besides make a bunch of dust. All of the other playwrights made fun of him behind his back calling him "The Bard of Sandpaper", especially that as-----le Christopher Marlowe.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
And, I am interested in attending since my calendar has been cleared out.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
As Shakespeare said when his much anticipated tool sharpening class was cancelled: "Discretion is the better part of valor." I feel sorry for Shakespeare, because as much as he tried, he could never get an edge on his scrapers that would do anything besides make a bunch of dust. All of the other playwrights made fun of him behind his back calling him "The Bard of Sandpaper", especially that as-----le Christopher Marlowe.
Man, lighten up!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Any thoughts on a new date for this class?
Well, I’m in the hospital recovering from a second surgery to undo the first one. I’ll need six weeks at home then not sure what will happen.

I am cautiously willing to have one at a time in my shop. I usually charge $90 a day. Until we can hold group workshops again I will charge $45 for private lessons.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

nice curls from a sharp scraper.
54CF7BB0-4767-413E-BA4C-C81CECD51831.jpeg

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well, I’m in the hospital recovering from a second surgery to undo the first one. I’ll need six weeks at home then not sure what will happen.
Take care of yourself, Mike. No sense in rushing recovery nor scheduling the next class until we are free of this nasty virus and you are physically able to do everyday tasks! My prayers are with you for a full recovery.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Patrick showed up right on time and had a truck load of tools to practice sharpening. We had a great time and he has a lot of sharp tools to work with. At the end of the day we even did a quick touch up on a crosscut handsaw. Lunch break was quick and hearty. We cooked some bratwurst with onions, mushrooms, and broccoli.

712B4A3D-4484-4629-9336-E1DE651F905C.jpeg

decibel

New User
Patrick
Thank you so much Mike. I learned a lot if you get the chance definitely recommend investing the time with Mike! Now I know sharp :). And got some great ideas for organizing my shop. Will be back again!

Craig C

Craig
User
Spent a great Saturday in Mike's workshop. Learned a lot about sharpening. Mike does a great job of demystifying what should be a simple process. While I was practicing, Mike tuned up my planes, even the crappy Freud one I found at a yard sale! In a weird small world story, I didn't think I had ever met Mike before. That was until we discovered that he bought my giant lathe from me 15 years ago. Here is a shot of Mike turning tool handles on "my" lathe.

Thanks Mike!

IMG_4877.JPG

Roger45

Roger
User
Mike
Thank you for a great learning experience. I was able to go at my own pace and I liked the “hands on” approach. I feel like I learned a lot from you.

Everyone who has the time, should try a class with Mike. It will be time well spent.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS