Possible Workshop layout - Your thoughts & input

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
QC Inspector (member at another Forum but not here) wrote and asked that I share this suggestion:
"I have been lurking around the NC Woodworker forum and wanted to offer a suggestion for the Possible Workshop Thread. Tried to join but it gagged, I think because my postal code doesn't work in it. No biggie though, I'm fine lurking, so I thought I would mention it to you to relay to him for consideration.

"The mitre saw. A possible solution is that he get or make a canoe/kayak lift along the lines of this, https://www.amazon.ca/Sportz-Kayak-Hoist-Quality-Capacity/dp/B001EUL2DO and put his mitre saw on one of the good portable stands. He can keep it hoisted to the ceiling at the sink end of the shop until needed and lower it to use there or take it outside. If the stand is the same height as the SawStop it can use it as extra support for longer stock.

"Take care
Pete"

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
One advantage of a garage is you have a moveable wall, better know as the garage door. Try to orient any equipment to take advantage of this. The piece which was to wide or to long no longer is. Do all your planning and miter saw cutting outside. The more you do outside the less dust and chips inside which leads to a happier wife. I have my TS sitting on an outside wall facing two windows. Open the window and rip the long board. Use a mobile base to handle the wide stock. I do a lot of work with my BS. Dust collection is not easy. I roll it outside when the weather is good

Before we moved I had a free standing shop. We moved and now I use the garage. This also leads to a happier wife because she now has her horse barn.

The only thing I really miss is wood storage space.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS