Possible Wood Sources near Winston Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwallwork

John
Corporate Member
Does anyone know anything InternetLumber.com. Their website indicates their offices are in Yadkinville, NC at 3637 Canterbury Lane, and that they have warehouses in Winston-Salem. Do they have good quality boards? Their pricing seems comparable to Wall Lumber.

Also has anyone heard of a place called "Clemmons Hardwoods" in Winston Salem. A Davidson County Housing inspector who does woodworking recommended them as a wood source. The only thing close to that name was "Clemmons Hardwoods Cabinet Shop".

Also driving down Hwy 64 east, just east (~2-4 miles) of the junction I-85 and Hwy 64 outside of Lexington, there appeared to be a couple of possible locations. I saw a lumber Kiln and across the road a huge lumber yard that had a sign mentioning they sold hardwoods to the public. I didn't get a chance to get their name and number down though.

Finally does E.N. Beard lumber in Greensboro only sell to large manufactures?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Internet Lumber has been mentioned several times before:
http://ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2046&highlight=internet+lumber

http://ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=369&highlight=internet+lumber

I think a few member have dealt with them and been satisfied.

I have seen the places off Hwy. 64 that you mentioned, I've about driven off the road rubberneckin' the stack of lumber. But I haven't gone in to inquire about purchasing any because I've always been with the family heading somewhere.

Hopefully other members in the areas of the other places you mention will have some information on them...I know nothing.

Dave:)

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
I know Simon and he is a good guy. Give him some business and he will treat you right. This is coming from a sawmill guy guy that would sell you wood if you were closer.

SkintKnuckle

New User
Martin
John, There's a dealer named Clemmons Hardwoods & Flooring on Stratford Rd in Winston about a mile or so from the Haynes Mall Blvd intersection. I've been by it several times but never stopped.

Let me know if you do business with them, I usually drive all the way out to Wall Lumber.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors