PorterCable D-handle base -Gloat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Patience does pay off, trust me! After looking/wanting for awhile now, I finally found it. The Porter Cable D handle router base! With its unique handle with built in locking trigger switch, this makes my PC 690 a whole new tool. More control over powering on/off and a nice handle to better control direction of cut. Sweet!

PC_Dhandle1.JPG

Also, I can use the traditional base to mount on a portable router table. Go from a handeld to a router table by just turning motor in and out of the two bases! Sweet!

PC_Dhandle2.JPG

Thanks for looking

Matt

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Matt, great find! I had looked at that but wasn't sure if it would fit my model. Congrats:icon_thum

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I love the d-handle and hate the long cord you have to deal with from the motor to the handle. I am thinking of shortening the cord and leaving a motor in the d-handle. WGD at it's best!!

T

toolferone

I have the "D" handle and really love it. You will too. Nice score.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
I love the d-handle and hate the long cord you have to deal with from the motor to the handle. I am thinking of shortening the cord and leaving a motor in the d-handle. WGD at it's best!!

In my search/research, I found a thread where someone had taken orig cord out from the motor (inside connections) and replaced with shorter. Not cutting original.

I have some surge cords I cannabalized for this same purpose. That way If I ever want to sell router (NOT!) I can restore to original condition.

Thanks,
Matt

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Nice score! The "D" handle is my preferred base for my router in most cases. I feel like I have more control over the router ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors