Pony-size rocking horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I finally finished the rocking horse I started when my granddaughter was born two years ago. She will have to be lifted up for awhile but she still seems to like it - as seen in the last photo. I made the horse out of 12/4 poplar, rough it out with a chain saw and finished with chisels and a draw knife. The horse stands over 4 feet high and the rockers are over 7 feet.
lizzie_s_horse_007.jpg

lizzie_s_horse_008.jpg

lizzie_s_horse_016a.jpg

Woodchuck

New User
Chuck
Phil, Fantastic job on the rocking horse. Painting is excellent. Very cute Grand Daughter too. I know she will cherish it for the rest of her life.

Chuck

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
That's the second best rocking horse I ever saw!

No wonder it took two years to build, you did a fantastic job. I really like the face and just everything looks very lifelike.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Very Cool :icon_thum

That is one very cute, happy and lucky little girl you have there! :eusa_danc

pete

DaveO

New User
DaveO
WOW!!! you got a career in carving Carousel horses. That is awesome :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Dave:)

ccccarving

New User
Charles
Great Job Phil, I've been working on a minature carousel for almost 4 years since my grand-daughter was born. I know it's a labor of love.

Charlie

bluewing92

New User
Norm
Wow!!! What a great looking rocking horse.:notworthy: I’m putting the finish on a rocking horse for my grandson’s Christmas gift (I know I’m late:BangHead: ) it is made from a store bought pattern and out of 4/4 oak. After seeing this one I’ll not post any pictures, as it will be a humble attempt next to this beautiful horse.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
phil, that horse is something else. That little girl smile makes is worth every second you put into it.

Alex Franke

New User
Alex
Wow -- that's awesome work!! Puts mine to shame :) I made one for each of my two kids for their second birthdays -- it's darn near the perfect time for a rocking toy like that. They take to it right away and have loads of fun (even now at 2.5 years later!).

I'd also love to see progress pics if you happen to have any...

Also, I like the heart detail. Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors