Pony Express to NZAPP1

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Need to get a turning blank to Nic. It's about 16" x 16" x 10' long, weighs about 1000 lbs and is just about right for a 1/2 ton pickup with an 8' bed.

Thanks

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Need to get a turning blank to Nic. It's about 16" x 16" x 10' long,

That ain't a turning blank, that's a square tree
I hope he plans to cut it before mounting it on the lathe :5eek::5eek::5eek:
What kind of wood, or do I have to wait for his gloat?
Dave:)

J

jeff...

I don't think he'll be around to help unload it, so you'll have to back up real fast and slam on the brakes, let it slide out on his driveway. Nic will take over from there when he gets home from work.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Jeff
:eek::eek::eek::eek: What are you thinking :slap::slap: I would have no way to move that tree trunk around let alone pick it up to cut it. Can we break it down some?:confused_

Jeff you kill me :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
What are you turning? A flagpole? Or is it going to be a pen, and you prefer to start off with slightly thicker stock to ensure you can get to consistent dimensions while turning? Texan mallet?

:twitcy:

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
What are you turning? Or is it going to be a pen, and you prefer to start off with slightly thicker stock to ensure you can get to consistent dimensions while turning? Texan mallet?

:twitcy:

You guys figured it out it is a large pen blank put it will be a small pen:gar-La;

RayH

New User
Ray
I gotta say -- I don't think I have ever seen that many :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm: :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:in a thread before. WOW!!!!

J

jeff...

ok sure I'll break it down some - Can you take two blanks, 16" wide by 8" thick and 10' long, weighing about 500 lbs each?

This may make it a little more tricky for one of our kind NCWoodworker members to unload, since I doubt both will slide out together. Can he/she tie a rope to your garage door handle and the other end to the blanks and drive out underneath the blanks?

Thanks

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
ok sure I'll break it down some - Can you take two blanks, 16" wide by 8" thick and 10' long, weighing about 500 lbs each?

This may make it a little more tricky for one of our kind NCWoodworker members to unload, since I doubt both will slide out together. Can he/she tie a rope to your garage door handle and the other end to the blanks and drive out underneath the blanks?

Thanks

:violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1:​

NZAPP1

New User
Nick

Thanks
:no:Getting close though. Do I hear 4-16" x 8" x 5' and 200 LBS each:tinysmile_tongue_t:
:rotflm::rotflm::help::help::help:

RayH

New User
Ray
You know that USPS will take whatever you can stuff in the box for about 7 bucks and kinda guarentee 2 day delivery.:rotflm::gar-La;:rotflm::gar-La;:rotflm::gar-La;:rotflm:

J

jeff...

Can you take a few ~ 16" sq by 6" thick (12 BF) around 60lbs each? That'll give you around 16" round thing - were talking nice Frisbees now

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Can you take a few ~ 16" sq by 6" thick (12 BF) around 60lbs each? That'll give you around 16" round thing - were talking nice Frisbees now
:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_dancNow that sounds more like it. I am ready to get those on the lathe:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::3dblob3:

J

jeff...

Anyone? Can a few 16"sq x 6" thick turning blanks hitch a ride on the NC Pony Express.

Nic might be good if you respond with a city - I have no idea where your living now, other than it's somewhere over by Greensboro.

I think Mike Davis wanted a couple of them to.

A few weeks from now would be ok, since I still gotta break it down a little... :tongue100:

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS