Pony Express tank from Sanford to Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptully

New User
Chris
My in laws have a ~500 gallon tank they are willing to give me for use as a rain barrel, but it will not fit in my van... If anybody is heading North on 1 from Sanford or further south to Raleigh in an otherwise empty pickup, I'd appreciate the help getting this tank transported.

Thanks!

Chris Tully

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Chris, Do you have a hitch on your van? If so, my trailer (4' X 7') sits most of the time. I'm located right off exit 89 (Sherron Harris / New Hill). About half way between Sanford and Raleigh. Is the tank steel, or poly? Bruce

cptully

New User
Chris
Bruce,

I do not have a trailer hitch... :(

The tank is most likely polypropylene or polyethylene (white translucent plastic), wrapped in a steel cage. Easily handled by one person.

Chris

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Chris - most tanks like you described are around 270 gallons.

What part of Sanford is the tank in? Occasionally I go that way with my truck.

Scott

cptully

New User
Chris
Scott,

The tank is at my Mother in laws' "estate" (20 acres... :) ) near the intersection of 15-501 and US 1 (North end of Sanford). if you are willing to pick it up for me that would be great. Send me PM or call me (240-888-1021) and I will give directions to its location and my house.

Chris

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Chris, I'll give you a call (or e-mail) the next time that I'm planning a trip in the truck - may be a week or so.

Pls send me a pm with your e-mail address; it's a good way for me to keep in touch when I'm out on the farm all day.

Thanks!

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors