Pony Express: Newton to Raleigh area

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Hey folks,

I was fortunate enough to be able to take the BestFence Pro off of Sawman 101's hands for my upcoming house build, in an effort to become more "mobile" for the next chapter of things, and I was hoping that lightning could strike twice, and a member from the Newton area would have some travel plans to the Raleigh or even Greensboro areas with an empty truck/ or large SUV.

I understand from Sawman that the fence is crated, and otherwise packaged to a space of 6'L x 3'W' x 1'-8"H. If so, I'd be glad to help w/ fuel costs, little chocolate doughnut money, etc. Otherwise, I'll make plans to head out that way myself in the next few weeks.

Thanks!

HMH

Last edited:

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Heath, if you are in no hurry, I am heading to Bill Clemmon's shop for a class on 14 July. I work in Lincolnton and sawman101 is not that far from me.

I could make arrangements with him to pick up after the first of the month and bring it with me to Liberty to hand off to someone else.

Just one plan if nothing else pops up.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Hi Raymond - if that wouldn't put you out to much, that would be excellent! - I said Raleigh, but I live in Sanford, only about 45min-1hr South of Liberty. If you, and Mr. Clemmons wouldn't mind serving as a lay-up point, I would certainly appreciate it! I'm ultimately in no rush at all. As luck would have it, I'm actually headed out to Lake Lure w/ my family next week, but in speaking w/ Sawman, there's no chance I'll be able to fit the stand, (and kids, and related gear) in my wife's Pilot on the return trip.

Thanks much!

HMH

Heath, if you are in no hurry, I am heading to Bill Clemmon's shop for a class on 14 July. I work in Lincolnton and sawman101 is not that far from me.

I could make arrangements with him to pick up after the first of the month and bring it with me to Liberty to hand off to someone else.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User

On my way home from the workshop on July 14, I will be coming thru Pittsboro, then south thru the Moncure Exit on US 1. I live about two miles off US1 at exit 89 (Harris Lake.)

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
I MAY be making a trip to the western portion of the state this weekend, 6/23-24, to deliver a table to my sister. I should know more later this evening or tomorrow. I will occasionally jump off of 40 and come right down 421, so would pass thru Sanford on the way home.

I'll confirm as soon as I know for sure, but wouldn't mind helping out if both parties have availability on Sunday morning/afternoon the 24th.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Thanks very much for the offer David - that would certainly be convenient, but unfortunately we're headed out of town on Sunday morning. Thanks very much though!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Correction about the Best Fence Pro Heath; it is uncrated because I couldn't handle it well while still in the box and bolted to the pallet. I have not set it up, or even unfastened the directions/owner's manual from it. Uncrated it is much easier to handle and cover up. the overall dimensions are, 70" L x 24"wide, and about 20" high. It is an easy 2 man lift. I was thinking you were going to try to haul it with the family and luggage in the car. I do have a Colorado pickup, and could haul it for a short way, if that will help, like to Statesville.
Sorry for the delayed response, but I've been up to the Erie, PA area this past week for a grandson's wedding, and visiting family; got home last night.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
OK, Bruce. How about I make arrangements to pick it up from you on SAT, 7 July ?

PM sent.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

OK, July 7. My address is
2438 Annwood Ct

Newton NC 28658
Any questions just holler Raymond.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Good morning guys!

Sorry for the delayed response - I was in PA myself most of the week on business. Raymond, thank you very much for your offer of help, and Bruce, for your willingness to pass the fence along and for helping w/ logistics!
I'll be in touch w/ you both, as well as Mr. Junquecol via PM.

Thanks again all!

HMH

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Heath, I picked up the BestFence from Bruce (sawman101) this morning and will take it to Bill's shop next Saturday.

Hopefully, Bruce (junquecol) will be there for the class and for me to hand-off to him.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
It fit in Raymond's SUV like sardines in a tin, standing room only! If it had been an inch longer it might not have gotten a ride. I was sorry to see such a beautiful piece of equipment leave me, but I just couldn't sacrifice the footprint it takes up. Enjoy your Best Fence Pro Heath, for a very long time.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Thanks guys! Bruce, for your generosity, and Raymond, for the pick-up assist!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Tomorrow, I will be driving the Areostar van. Fence will fit in with no problem. If not, I'm sure Bill has a cutting torch, or angle grinder we could use to make fence fit. I'll call you during the day. Hopefully you could meet me at Moncure exit on way home from Bill's and get your treasure.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Tomorrow, I will be driving the Areostar van. Fence will fit in with no problem. If not, I'm sure Bill has a cutting torch, or angle grinder we could use to make fence fit. I'll call you during the day. Hopefully you could meet me at Moncure exit on way home from Bill's and get your treasure.

There's also the option of towing it, since it does have wheels! :D

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Received! Thanks to all for helping put this together.

It's amazing that a fairly large/ mid-weight tool like this, (requiring any EMPTY van/ SUV or pickup at all legs) originally located ~2.5 hours away made it's way to withing 10 minutes of my front door w/in a week. A testament to the folks affiliated w/ this group!

Thanks again all!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I am so happy the Best Fence Pro found it to it's new home and user Heath. Thank you very much to Raymond and Junquecol for helping in the transport of this great machine. NCWW people rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS