Pole Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I have a few trees that need attitude adjustments and I need to find a place to rent a pole saw (chainsaw on a pole) for a day or two. Anyone know where I can find one to rent in the Raleigh area?

Thanks

Glennbear

Glenn
I do not have a suggestion for a rental store however have you looked into purchase ? Keep in mind that trees do not stop growing so you will probably be pruning again. If the trees are within a reasonable distance from an outlet the electric models at the BORG are not that expensive and the saw is detatchable for small projects. :wsmile:

Last edited:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jeff, I have one that attaches to my Stihl weedwacker, which you are welcome to borrow. I think that the dedicated polesaws have a higher extension though.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Travis, we called this morning and they don't stock a pole saw :( they said I could go to Greensboro store or wait a day or two and they could get one from another store.

So in a pinch and following Glennbear's advise we went to the BORG and bought the only model they had (electric). I'm being nice here which is not at all like me and not mentioning the brand name of the pole saw or the name of the store which we bought it from. I'm not at all pleased with it, we did nothing wrong but already had to fix it twice. Two screws fell out of the plastic cover and the plastic nut to tighten the pole height adjustment stripped, we had to tighten the nut pretty tight or else the pole would move up and down while we were sawing with it. So we are returning it tomorrow for a refund.

I've only got my Son home for a few more days and he his helping with the trimming, that's why I wanted to get one quickly. My son is going to the husky store tomorrow to look and see what they got.

Scott, I really don't want to borrow your saw, I would feel bad if a limb dropped on it or something and I broke it - Thanks for the offer though, I really do appreciate it :thumbs_up

Thanks everyone for all your help.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
sears.com had a fairly large selection, ace hardware had a few as well. You will need to check your local stores to see what they have in stock

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
I bought one from Tractor Supply and have been very happy with it so far (2-3 yrs). I think it's a McCullough. I've used the saw on the pole and off the pole for small jobs. I wouldn't buy a McCullough gas powered anything due to previous items I've owned, but OK on electric.

I think I got the saw for around $100, give or take $10.

Brent

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Sorry the purchase did not work out for you Jeff. :confused_

It's ok Glenn, I think we may have been asking that little plastic saw to do a little to much. I mean most people would trim limbs that are small and close to the ground - we are taking down 10 and 12" diameter oak and beech limbs a good 40' up in the trees. Much bigger than those little bradford pears and red maples I see planted all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS