PM's

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolman

Administrator
Chad
I made a PM and was going to add a Smillie on right. I click on (more) a box came up and showed the smillies to click on if you chick on one a wondow comes up at bottom saying restore page.. At that time the hole page is locked up, I just X out and start over to get it to work.. Just do not use Smillies on Right.. And all will work..

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
If you are using IE on a slow machine (such as my Netbook) -- or internet connection -- then the 'more' page can take quite some time to finish loading and rendering. If you click on any 'smiley' during that period (in IE) you will recreate the behavior you describe above. By "quite awhile" I mean on the order of several minutes in some instances. Rendering will not continue until you clear the "recover page" (click on 'x')... so once you trigger that message the window will never finish rendering unless you first clear the 'recover page' warning.

Unfortunately, I know of no way to prevent IE9 from triggering the 'recover page' warning when a page takes longer than expected to render (esp. on slower machines). The best you can do is wait for the page to fully load and render BEFORE you click on any of the smileys.

toolman

Administrator
Chad
If you are using IE on a slow machine (such as my Netbook) -- or internet connection -- then the 'more' page can take quite some time to finish loading and rendering. If you click on any 'smiley' during that period (in IE) you will recreate the behavior you describe above. By "quite awhile" I mean on the order of several minutes in some instances. Rendering will not continue until you clear the "recover page" (click on 'x')... so once you trigger that message the window will never finish rendering unless you first clear the 'recover page' warning.

Unfortunately, I know of no way to prevent IE9 from triggering the 'recover page' warning when a page takes longer than expected to render (esp. on slower machines). The best you can do is wait for the page to fully load and render BEFORE you click on any of the smileys.

As I thought IE!!! Thanks

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS