Plans for the handicapped lathe stand

Bruce 4309

New User
Bruce
I saw the handicapped lathe stand at the Wood Working show in Charlotte and the gentleman at your booth said the plans are available on your web site. I looked and saw some post but can not find the plans just references to the download section on your site. I looked and cannot find the plans or a download section. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Nice work you guys do!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
We temporarily lost access of the downloads section and hope to have it back later. You can pm Phil S here and he may be able to send the drawings. He designed the stand, in fact all of the Outreach trailer is his design.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wasn't Bill Clemmons the one that put together a sketchup rendering of the plan or am I mis-remembering - totally possible.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am so glad that several are stepping up to help here. I am sorry I do not have any plans, I just built it around my wife's wheel chair and never even drew a sketch - I am not even sure if I used a tape measure. Just my way, not exactly the right way.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bill, can you please make sure that Dave Richards gets a copy of what you have? He will probably enhance it over what any of us mortals could provide. I think that would be a great addition to this site, and continue the tradition that Phil started long ago.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I've attached the SketchUp file, but I'm not sure it will open. I don't know what "an allowed extension" means. Not a computer guy. :rolleyes: If it can't be opened can someone tell me how to fix it? If all else fails I'll send it to Dave in an email. I made this a long time ago before I "mastered" SU. I'm SURE Dave can make it presentable.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Bill, it looks like the file didn't actually attach to your post. You can e-mail it to me. If you need my address, send me a private message and I'll send my e-mail when I get back from walking the dog.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
In case anyone thought I've dropped off the face of the earth and abandoned this, I haven't. I've been working on it as time permits. I've cleaned up the model--improved accuracy and precision on dimensions--and made a few other changes with an eye toward simplifying construction. Phil used some piece of aluminum extrusion cut out of computer racking for brackets to attach the top rail to the legs. Figuring that would be difficult for most people to get hold of and not finding a good substitute in alooooooominum, I designed some wooden brackets as replacements.

Here are a couple of screen shots.

Lowered and tilted.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
As someone that set these up and tore them down many times. GOOD JOB!
The knobs to adjust the table tilt should be on the outside for ease of use.
They don’t get in the way.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
[QUOTE="Here are a couple of screen shots.

Lowered and tilted.

[/QUOTE]
Screenshots have disappeared...

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
I was given the impression that the plan is for a version that wouldn't need to be set up and knocked down or adjusted frequently.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Outreach trailer stands need to be easy setup & tear-down. Any other user would most likely leave it completed

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
we're on the same page Dave. Carry on with your plans.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS