Planing Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheryllewis

New User
cheryl
We occasionally have customers that have lumber they need to have planed. Unfortunately we don't plane material from outside sources. We are looking for sources we can direct them to. If you are interested in having your name added to a list we can provide, please email it me along with your general location.

cheryl@hardwoodstore.com

Thanks so much.

Cheryl

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
One of the problems those seeking these services is, often they don't understand that boards need to be face jointed first, unless you have a industrial two sided planner. Been down that road a couple times. That's why my neighbor now owns a planner. When I tell them I want a CASH deposit of the cost of sharpening a set of blades plus hours shop time to change them, they usually "have to think about this.". Makes one of those bench top 12" planners look cheap.

Last edited:

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
One of the problems those seeking these services is, often they don't understand that boards need to be face jointed first, unless you have a industrial two sided planner. Been down that road a couple times. That's why my neighbor now owns a planner. When I tell them I want a CASH deposit of the cost of sharpening a set of blades plus hours shop time to change them, they usually "have to think about this.". Makes one of those bench top 12" planners look cheap.

agreed, if I plane on my CNC I'm using a $50 to $100 bit, and if I hit a piece of metal, the bit is toast. Plus the time to setup, plane, flip, setup again, plane, it's not cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS