pipe clamp tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy

New User
Randy
I've been struggling with my dry fit "walk-through" for a dresser carcass. How to balance the 5' top and middle monster pipe clamps without 6 foot arms or a pogo stick to jump back and forth, where to keep my culls within reach and keep from falling out of place while I set the pipe clamps and how to do it all without an extra set of hands to help me before the glue sets up. If you've ever done a sizable glue-up, you feel my pain.

While I was clamping my drawer divider spacer board in place I had a thought to use some of my other hand clamps to help hold the pipe clamps in place...and they do a great job. You'll see in the pics that the V notch that the body and handle creates of any old hand clamp makes a perfect pipe clamp rest. It even finally gave me a use for those rinky-dink tiny clamps that came as part of an HF multi-clamp set that I wondered when I'd ever use. It holds the clamps in place, right side up, and even lets me rest the culls on the pipes so I don't have to scramble for those. All that's left to do is glue on the ends and push everything together. Anyway, not an earth-shattering tip but if it helped me, it might help someone else.

clamp1.jpg

View image in gallery

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I like it! Especially because it reinforces the old adage "you can never have too many clamps!"

Glennbear

Glenn
Thanks for the tip, when doing a long glue up in a one man shop one learns to be really inventive. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS