Pine Cone Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Do you have a yard / natural area that is full of pine cones. We do. Wife spends a lot of time picking them up, with a grabber. Unfortunately you only pick up one at the time. Today at Agrisupply, I bought a "Pine Cone Wizard." You roll it over pine cones, and flexible wires allow the cones to get into the basket. To empty, you spread wires apart, and cones fall out. Cost $69.99, but after just a few minutes of use, I (everybody knows I'm frugal) consider it money well spent. If you should buy one from Agrisupply, and are unhappy, with receipt, they accept returns for up to one year, no questions asked.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Looked long and hard at one of those last Fall when I was in my annual battle with Sweetgum balls.

Do you think that would work or are the sweetgum balls to small? (I resorted to using the leaf blower to round them up.)

Wayne

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
Wayne - The Pine Cone Wizard might be a little large for sweet gum balls, but there are other similar ones for smaller things like sweet gum balls and acorns, like this one.

However, if you have a LOT of them to pick up, there's a company called "Bag-A-Nut" that makes some heavy duty sweet gum pick up rollers, but they are pretty pricey. I go to a weekly dog agility training class, and my trainer bought one of these since she has to clear her backyard daily for classes, for her it was a good investment due to the huge time savings.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
We bought a lawn sweeper attachment for our mower. Picks up most everything, pine cones Sycamore trash, grass, acorns, everything.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Looked long and hard at one of those last Fall when I was in my annual battle with Sweetgum balls.

Do you think that would work or are the sweetgum balls to small? (I resorted to using the leaf blower to round them up.)

Wayne

There ones made for pecans that should work for sweetgum balls. We also have a lawn sweeper and I love it.

George

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
We bought a lawn sweeper attachment for our mower. Picks up most everything, pine cones Sycamore trash, grass, acorns, everything.
Kinda hard to use in a natural area that is covered in pine needles. We have at least an acre that is a natural area that is covered in pine trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS