Picture problems on iPod/iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy Rose

New User
Sandy
I've noticed when I view threads on the mobile site on an iPod, the picture links are either not there, or linked wrong. Is anyone else having this issue, or am I missing something in user preferences?

TedAS

New User
Ted
I use my iPhone to log in to NCWW many times throughout the day. As an iPhone user I find the wireless version of the site has many benefits especially when I am browsing in 3G.
<O:p</O:p
However the one thing I do miss is the thumbnail images. We all enjoy reading the posts and seeing what everyone is working on. A lot of the posts use the photos to help tell the story. Without these thumbnails the posts just don’t seem complete.
Depending on how the photos are inserted into the post there is a blank space where the photo should be and no link to see the photo, or there may be a link that says “View image in gallery”. On my iPhone clicking on this link open a new tab and loads the gallery page with the full size image (This takes long and the continuity of the post is lost). I know loading the thumbnails will slow things down some, but not all posts have images in them.
<O:p></O:p>
Now, I know you have to deal with many types of devices, individual user preferences, and data transmission speeds. And I know you can’t keep all of us happy, and if not loading the thumbnails is the right thing for the majority I am ok with that. Most of the time I am within WiFi range so loading the classic version is fine, however since the wireless version has been turned on I can’t switch back to the classic site on my phone.
Can it be fixed so I can switch back and forth?
One thought I had…I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes, and this may not even be do-able…….Within the user settings in our profiles, can we have a small list of options so we can choose what we want to load in the wireless version?
These are my initial thoughts on the wireless version, thanks for taking the time to read this looong post.
And thanks for all you do for this site!
Ted
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS