Picnic Food

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
A virtual picnic means you can eat whatever you want, but may I suggest one of my favorites.
s-l640.png

Zweigles white hots. Incredibly good. Now available at Wegmans in Raleigh

If you have not signed up yet, here is the link Virtual Picnic - May16 4PM Sign up here

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I'll make an old fashion orange buttermilk cake. Guess I will need to share it with the widows in SS class on Sunday when I take them biscuits. With Aldis now having eggs for $0.58 a dozen, might even make some deviled eggs to go with cake.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil, Do they deliver...to Greenville?

Jeff

New User
Jeff
They remind me of a German Weisswurst from Bavaria. Are they hot to the taste? I've had Red Hots in NC that are similar I think.

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
All you need now is a six pack of Genny and a quart of Abbotts custard. If it was cold enough on Saturday you'd think you were backin Rochester!

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Interesting. I tried to order kielbasa and hand made pierogi but the "place an order" tab doesn't go anywhere for those products.
Weird. I will tell you they make great kielbasa and their pierogi and glazed ham is AMAZING. But I am biased since I grew up on it.

@Jeff - I wonder since Covid is around maybe they dont have people in the shop making fresh pierogi or kielbasa at the moment.... just a thought but I dont know for sure.

@Jeff - I was able to get directly to the Kielbasa page from their home page. Kowalski Polish Kielbasa with Garlic or Variety Packs

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
I didn't sign up in time for the virtual picnic but, as provided by my wife Sue, I had a picnic lunch. Tube and Sirloin Steak, Baked Potato on the half shell, Five Bean salad. Yum
20200516_124752.jpg
20200516_124752.jpg

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
When I saw the 6 pack of Genny, I knew you had to be from Western NY State. I was born and raised in Chautauqua county, which is the far western corner of NY State, about 500 miles west of NY City. I had a business acquaintance that enjoyed Genesee Cream Ale, and Genny was big in our part of the country. Was glad to leave there even though NYS, apart from the downstate area, is beautiful and very rural. I wasn't born in the south, but I got here as quick as I could! :D

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS