Picked up an old piece of arn tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

algustaf

New User
Al
I just wanted to gloat for a second about picking up a great old piece of arn. I got a Craftsman/Parks 12" planer tonight from a really nice gentleman up the road a few miles from me. He helped me get the darn thing in my van, but now I haven't a clue how to get it out and down about 7 steps into my basement. Man is that a solid piece of machinery. I know that usually these things don't exist without a photo, so soon I will post one (as soon as I take the photo, then learn how to upload it to the forum).
OH yeah, for the old woodworking tool aficionados, he had a huge Fay & Egan planer in his shop. I looked on OWWM and didn't find any photos like this thing. Wow it was a 24" I think. Man nice machine.

ALG

P.S. Anyone live near N. Durham that wants to risk a hernia attempting to help me move this into my shop?

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Faye & Egan is great old stuff. I've sold some over the years.

There's a ton about that Parks on OWWM.

Congrats, provided this actually exists!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Faye & Egan is great old stuff. I've sold some over the years.

There's a ton about that Parks on OWWM.

Congrats, provided this actually exists!
The description of both planer and location match craiglist ad I saw earlier. Only left out was the price - $200

algustaf

New User
Al
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I thought I got a steal at $200. Looked at one very similar this week that was priced double that. The other was a great machine and had been partially refurbed, but it wasn't as cheap as $200.

crokett

New User
David
Let me know how it goes. I got the same planer for free last year. :gar-Bi Had to buy a new motor but got a TEFC 220V motor for 85 bucks. The motor was originally developed to sit in a gas tank and drive a pump. I have yet to actually install it on the planer though. :wsmile: That will be one of my first projects after the new shop is online.

algustaf

New User
Al
Well free sure beats...well everything. Good score for you. **** good score for me at $200. I saw an advertisement for one of these out of the 1938 Sears catalog that did not come with a motor or stand and was $197.50 in 1938. Serious machine that will last a long time. My only complaing is that it is not 20".

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Good score Al !

A 12" planer works for almost everything for me. 'course I back it up with a 38" drumsander ;-)

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS