Photos from the DavidF Sendoff Gathering

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

On the evening of April Fool's Day, a group of members and wives met at the Carolina Brewery in Pittsboro to pay tribute to DavidF and his wife (David and Carol Fenton) as they prepare to return to England after many years here "in the Colonies". A good time was had by all thanks to a private dining area (thanks to Doug Robinson), good draught beers and ales, good food and service, and great conversation. I took a number of pictures (found in a dedicated Album under Other Gatherings of the PhotoPost main index page) and will only post a few here.

To David and Carol, you will be missed, but certainly not forgotten -- and our best to Clara, too, their beautiful Burmese Mountain Dog! David leaves toward the end of this month and Carol will follow in the near future as she tends to selling their home. For nostalgic reasons, I've added a few older photos that may lead some of you to earlier memories...

100_5909.jpg

View image in gallery

And David's historic arrival threads and pics!

DSCF0009_598349.JPG

and of course the infamous arrival ceremony and it's post ...

mayflower.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Very well said(written). They will, indeed, be missed!

But, TG for the internet. Im sure we'll be "seeing" him shortly.

Good luck !~

matt

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Who new I was such a handsome fellow.......

Oh and best wishes for a new workshop David :)

Jim

Last edited:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
David,

You are one of the few people I've ever met where I look at your projects and really just have no idea how you did it, yes, even after you explain it. :gar-La; Having finally met you, and folks that have known you for a while, your character is at the same height as your craftsmanship. I sincerely hope that you will stay in touch with us and we wish you and Carol the very best in the future.

Best Regards,

Trent and Christy

Rob, thank you for the taking the time to post all of this. :icon_thum

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
David, best of luck on the other side of the Atlantic. Don't forget, if you see a tool sale we'll be happy to send you a care package now and then :) I'll never be able to look at a piece of furniture again without wondering "I wonder if it uses a tapered sliding dovetail".

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
It certainly looks like a wonderful time was had by all. Thanks for sharing the photos. Jim, I think that you are ready for your own calendar! :rotflm:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
That's a nice looking bunch of NCWWers. Isn't it great when the group comes together for an occasion such as this? How many other online organizations do that?:no:

Sorry I couldn't be there.

My best wishes to David and Carol for a safe journey across the big pond. Stay in touch.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Well stated and heartily approved, Rob!

David and Carol,
May your return to the Olde World lead to many wonderful new adventures :eek:ccasion1

Roger & Linda

nelsone

New User
Ed
Looks like a great time! David, I am sorry I wasn't able to make it but have definitely appreciated your posts and meeting you on a couple occasions! Take care and let us know how things go!

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Best of luck David! I'm sorry we've not been able to meet in person but I've really valued your membership in NCWW. I'm hopeful you'll keep participating once you're settled on the other side!

Cheerio!

richlife

New User
Rich
David, It was delightful to meet you in such a great circumstance! And the fact that Sheila and Carol happened to meet just the day before was wonderful. (And, btw, we stopped to talk with Clara on our way out -- she was clearly comfy and is a beautiful dog!) I hope we can catch up again before you wing yourselves away. Rich

Also, as an NCWW public service (since I know many will see this thread on account of David), I want to mention that the place where we had this good time was the Carolina Brewery in Pittsboro. Yes, I do happen to know the owner since this is "our" local "hangout", but more importantly I want to let all NCWWs know of some perks available at the Brewery. First of all, if you are anywhere nearby, join their Brew Crew to collect points for purchases and free meals for points ( www.carolinabrewery.com) . You will also get notified of special events such as their quarterly (or so) free tastings of new brews with appetizers and their special discounted parties. In addition, they have free tours on Saturdays and various perks like rides to Carolina ball games. Also, if appropriate, ask about their 10% senior discount for your meal. The Sunday Brunch has also become a notable option for Mother's Day and other times (like maybe Sunday).

It's my hope that with all these opportunities we can see more NCWW events at the Carolina Brewery.

So, David, even as you depart (sadly) you have accomplished one more service for NCWW :widea: .
Rich

DavidF

New User
David
Thanks Rob!! I just re read my intro post, how long ago that seems now. You were a great bunch then as well. I think the pictures show what a good time we had last week, you really must have one at least each year on the anniversary of this one - well the date is easy to remember!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS