Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
I added a picture of the slimline pens I've turned. I took a class about a month ago.

pens.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Those are very nice!!!:eusa_clap I especially like the 3rd from left and the 11th and 13th. The grain patterns in those really enhances the slimline look. BTW the other pics in your gallery are also really sweet. Not to steal your thread but last weekend I met Eagle who is one of the greatest pen turners I've ever seen, and a really nice guy, His stuff is absolutely incredible, this is one of his pens

Eagle.jpg

The reason I mentioned this is that he is a really good guy and if you need advice on pen turning you couldn't find a better mentor. Check out Woodnet user name Eagle_S.C., for some contact info. I was really inspired by his work, I've alway viewed pen turning as making smooth pieces of wood, with out a lot of pizazz, but his stuff is mind boggling. I may have to try a few laminated pens. Excellent job on your pens, where did you take your classes? Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
Thank you for the encouragement and praise. I took the class at the Woodcraft store in Greenville, SC. I am starting to experiment with pencils and other styles of pens. I don't know if I'll ever get as good as the picture DaveO posted!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Cathy,

Beautiful work, thanks for posting pixs.:eusa_clap
They would make great Xmas gifts. I will try to stop by next time I'm in Forest City. And it's about time to visit mom again :slap:

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS