Pens for looks

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
2 More pens up for display. I think I'm getting a bit better.
Individual pictures are in my gallery. Please, no comments on my poor photography skills :eusa_naug.

Both of these pens are what I have called "grabbag wood". The center band on one is ebony, and the other has my first attempts at wire burns.

Thanks for looking.

both.jpg

Big Mike

New User
Mike
They both look great Clay. I like the pens without the metal center band. Nicely done!:icon_thum I sometimes do the same thing with slimline kits and it makes a pen that seems to fit a lady's hand nicely. At least they seem to like it, they buy them!!!:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Clay, "getting a bit better":roll: I think that really have got it now, Those pens are awesome. I too am partial to the one with the heavier spalting and Ebony band. The combination is spectacular. Your wire burning looks great too. I may have to come to you for some pen lessons soon.
Dave :)

M

McRabbet

Clay, All I can say is "Sweeeeeeet"!! :eusa_clap And you can even write with one, too? Very nice work.

Rob

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
thanks guys. I do like the one on the left. Those spalting lines kinda make a big "V" down to the lower barrel on the back side. Nice looking, contrast well with that ebony. I'm still working to be better though..

cskipper

Cathy
You're getting better and better! Did you use wires to urn the stripes?

Last edited:

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Yes Cathy. I used a wire. I took a twist tie from a loaf of bread, and stripped out the paper coating, and held the wires with 2 pair of pliers. I have a friend that play the guitar, and had him bring me some old strings he had, I'll use those from now on, wrapped around a dowel.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great job Clay, those look super.:icon_thum I was going to ask how you use the wire to burn the strips in but Cathy beat me to it. I like the idea of using guitar strings with dowel handles. I bet a set up like that would last you a long time.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors