PE request: Washington, NC to Cassatt, SC (or Charlotte or Fayetteville)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Jay,

We'll be going from Pittsboro, NC to Clarkesville, GA sometime in the next 2 weeks. We take I-85 and pass thru Charlotte. Be glad to help if we can.

bobby g

jdulaney

New User
John
I need to move a planer (Dewalt DW733) from my shop Washington, NC to Susan's (bkind2animals) shop in Cassatt, SC. Even if we can get it to Charlotte or Fayetteville it would be a big help and cut down on the driving.*

Let me know if you can help out. It's relatively small and would fit in the backseat or trunk of a car.

Thanks,
J

* Any one from out that way planning a trip to the OBX soon? If so, you may be passing close by to my shop in Washington and I could meet you somewhere with the planer. Also, I will be in the OBX at the end of next week near Fort Macon so that's another possibility.

Go check out the boat shop at the Maritime Museum in Beaufort. You will drool.

ChrisB

New User
Chris
Hi Jay,

I'll be heading from Raleigh to Charlotte this Saturday (August 6). If someone could get the planer to Raleigh I'd be glad to take it to Charlotte.

Chris

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
Bumping this to the main page. Can anyone get this moving on the first leg of the trip from here in Washington to the RDU area?

Hey Jay,

I'm in the Outer Banks (Duck Beach) this weekend on vacation, and I'm heading back west on 64 Saturday (8/20) morning. If you could meet me along 64 somewhere I could probably squeeze it in considering how small it is. Would that work?

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Looks like we'll be in the Charlotte area on Thursday the 25th in the afternoon. If you can get it to Pittsboro by the 22nd, I can take it along.

bobby g

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
Looks like we'll be in the Charlotte area on Thursday the 25th in the afternoon. If you can get it to Pittsboro by the 22nd, I can take it along.

bobby g

That wouldn't be a problem at all Bob, I could bring it by your place on Sunday evening the 21st most likely. I'll let you know when I hear from Jay.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Bumping this to the main page. Can anyone get this moving on the first leg of the trip from here in Washington to the RDU area?

Jay, I'm headed to RDU (airport) tomorrow (Tue, 8/16), leaving mid-late morning. Early evening, I'll be picking up a BBQ grill from Salem (eyekode) in Apex before returning to little Washington.

Let me know where I can drop it off.

Alan

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Jay, I'm headed to RDU (airport) tomorrow (Tue, 8/16), leaving mid-late morning. Early evening, I'll be picking up a BBQ grill from Salem (eyekode) in Apex before returning to little Washington.

Let me know where I can drop it off.

Alan

Alan,

You can leave it with Salem or bring it out to my shop which is about 20 minutes away.

bobby g

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Alan,

You can leave it with Salem or bring it out to my shop which is about 20 minutes away.

bobby g

Thanks, Bobby.

Since we will have been doing a bunch of driving around already on Tuesday, if it is OK with Salem, I'll drop it at his place. I gotta give Jay a call about getting the unit.

Alan

Sully

New User
jay
Alan,
That would be great. I'm home tonight with the kids, so it's not real easy to go anywhere. I could bring it over later tonight or you are welcome to come by. I'm working tomorrow so I can't really deliver it tomorrow; you are welcome to come by BCCC tomorrow to pick it up. I'll PM you my number again.
Jay

Sully

New User
jay
Mike,
Thanks for the offer. It turns out Alan is handling the first leg of the trip from Washington to Apex.

I love it when a plan comes together. :gar-Bi
Jay

That wouldn't be a problem at all Bob, I could bring it by your place on Sunday evening the 21st most likely. I'll let you know when I hear from Jay.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Sully,

I'll contact Salem and make arrangements to pick up the planer and take a look at that fantastic bench that he recently completed.

PM sent to Susan. Waiting to hear back.

bobby g

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
Thanks, all. Had to work all day and all night yesterday and am just getting to the site. I appreciate everyone pitching in. If I follow the replies correctly, I pick the planer up in Charlotte?

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
I am going to meet Bobby at one of the exits on I-85 in Charlotte. I am somewhat familiar with the city but not at all with the northern part. I don't want to miss an opportunity to visit some woodworking places while I am there. Which exit on I-85 would be the best? The only Woodworking store I am currently familiar with is Woodcraft, but I'm sure there are other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS