Pawn Shop Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Today, I was in the Plazza West Pawn Shop ( corner of Western Blvd and Jones Franklin Road). They had the following -Bosch 1587 jig saw-$49.99, Dewalt pluge router model 618- $99.99, Hatachi TR-12 plunge router- $79.99. They will negociate prices. About a come down of 20%.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I stop at a few here and there, and have yet to find anything worth having. Not a sweet spot for me, but I will keep trying...

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Lumberton, exit 17 on I-95, in the Food Lion shopping center, is the best pawn shop for prices within a 25 minute drive of my house. In Fayetteville, the outfits are often way to proud of worn out merchandise, though I have recently seen a DW 18V recip saw with two batteries for only $100... may go get it if still there on my next day off from the job. They also have a Bosch 1587 for $69, which seems just a little rough, but a decent user?

M

McRabbet

Latest price on the Bosch 1587 on Amazon.com has dropped to $85 and change....here.

Rob

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I saw that, guess the local one isn't such a good deal, considering its shape! a few of the things in that list are rather tempting

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I stop at a few here and there, and have yet to find anything worth having. Not a sweet spot for me, but I will keep trying...
Mr Pawn over by the Barbeque Lodge quite often has some good deals. Last time I was in there (a couple of months ago), he had Senco SF1 finish nailer for $75.00. Last year, my friend bought a DeWalt 12" compound miter saw for $140 that was in excellent condition. Tom (the owner) is a woodworker, so he knows what tools are worth. I can't deal with Arrow Pawn though, They think worn out tools should bring new prices. Many years ago in Durham, I looked at a Bosch 1604 router.It had a new Freud bit ($25.00+) in it. Asking price was $80.00, offered $60.00- no deal. A year later, I bought it from them for $40.00 You just have to out wait them. Two years ago at Greensboro show our group went to pawn shop and one picked up a Bosch 1587 in new condition for $24.99. This year the deal was Millwaulkie close quarters drill for $40.00, also in new condition. When dealing with National Pawn remember the words Mary Louise. This will tell you what they paid for item originally. On item, you will see three or four letters. M=1, and E=0. You can fill in the blanks. Example MLEE=$15.00. Happy shopping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors