Paulk Workbench - 2019 NCWW Raffle Prize

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
FastCap is donating a Paulk Workbench as one of the prizes this year. The workbench will be shipped direct to the winner. This is unassembled, and weighs in at 170lbs. Bring your friends when it arrives!

Tickets can be purchased here: https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?ncww_raffletickets

Prizes Announced So Far: https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/ind...-on-sale-drawing-at-picnic-on-may-18th.66822/

Last edited:

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
Just wondering if anyone has bought one of these or built one from the plans and could enlighten us on the pros/cons of the workbench. Looks nice, but also sorta pricey.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Just wondering if anyone has bought one of these or built one from the plans and could enlighten us on the pros/cons of the workbench. Looks nice, but also sorta pricey.
I just googled it. The bench is designed for portability. Ron Paulk is a finish carpenter and wanted a bench that would work on the job site. There are many videos. You need to check it out.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
I like the concept but it's built out of 3/4 inch (21/32?) ply. My feeling is that, for me at least, 1/2 (15/32?) inch ply will probably be more than strong enough. I did a bit of redesign in sketch-up but have yet to build/use it. The portability is also an issue since I am a shade tree mechanic woodworker.

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
I just googled it. The bench is designed for portability. Ron Paulk is a finish carpenter and wanted a bench that would work on the job site. There are many videos. You need to check it out.
I watched most of the videos. Doubt I will be using the portability feature of it, but like the feature of having a place to put tools while you are working on something.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I like the concept but it's built out of 3/4 inch (21/32?) ply. My feeling is that, for me at least, 1/2 (15/32?) inch ply will probably be more than strong enough. I did a bit of redesign in sketch-up but have yet to build/use it. The portability is also an issue since I am a shade tree mechanic woodworker.
The video I watched had it made from 1/2 ply for portability.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Ha, I had just decided to build one of these for use on the new house build. As an aside, about this time last year, I had already made my mind up on the BestFence Pro when it too was listed as a raffle prize. I didn't win it, but WAS fortunate enough to have been able to purchase it from the lucky winner at a substantial discount vs. new. Lucky me either way! Maybe I'll hold off on building my Paulk bench until after the raffle.....

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
I built one a couple of years ago to be able to work in my driveway while building a kitchen full of cabinets for the new house. I used 1/2 inch ply and it is plenty stable enough. My bench did not use the exact design above and I do not have the holes for clamps in the top. It is probably only 50 lbs ( not counting the legs which on mine were plastic portable saw horses. My bench was for assembly and paint so did not get any real pounding and certainly no vises or plane work.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS