Passing along the love

PapaBear

New User
Larry
Back when I was a pre-teen (late Renaissance period, I believe it was) my grandfather helped me discover the love of woodworking and building even the simplest of things. For the past couple of weeks while my 11-year-old grandson was visiting, I tried passing that tradition along. Here’s a few pictures of the process and the finished projects. We are both looking forward to the next visit!
Noah sanding.jpg
Noah painting.jpeg
noah painting.jpg
finished projects.jpg

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Wow, that's so cool. My grandfather lived just down the road, I spent hours and hours with him in the shop or on the water, he taught me everything thing I know. So glad you get the same opportunity with your grandson.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
That is awesome, there is nothing like the feeling of passing on knowledge to others, especially family.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Wonderful! Sometimes, youngsters want to know how, but don't know how to ask, or who to ask.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Here's my oldest son standing under a steel and wood support beam we put in the house. He was in charge of the install and I just played copilot. What's the point? He didn't catch on to woodworking till he was an adult but it caught on eventually. He installed all of the cabinets on the kitchen project alone.

Attachments

• 1-family 2018 jul 017.JPG
    1-family 2018 jul 017.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 1-23 Dec Frigidaire Registration 033.JPG
    1-23 Dec Frigidaire Registration 033.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 99

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I like the glint in his eyes and the great big grin. I think you have the boy on the right track. As you know Woodworking is something he can enjoy his whole life.

Pop

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS