Palm Router help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

russellellis

New User
Russell
my neighbor has the colt. used it 2 times and told me i could have it for 75 bucks. he just used it to trim the laminate he put on his mudroom counter. i havent taken him up on the offer, but i could send it your way.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Colt is a good one!!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Lot's of good reviews. I would buy it again if I needed.

Wayne

Nativespec

New User
David
I have the Colt and it is great. Got to be carful to tighten it good or it will slip down. Nice tool.

David

RayH

New User
Ray
Bosch Colt VS. :tool: The spindle lock is the only weakness I have found, and if you e-mail Bosch they send you a second wrench to solve the problem.

Ray

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
I use my Colt on almost every project. And like David said, make sure it's tight or you'll get some drift. Jim

jmauldin

New User
Jim
I have the Trend - made by Freud. I really like it because it is also a plunge router. You don't have problems with it slipping, etc. I got it at Woodworkers Store in W-S for $69, but it has now gone up to $99. But it is still worth it in my opinion. This is not to put down the Colt, wihch is a good router.
Jim in Mayberry

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
I have the Trend - made by Freud. I really like it because it is also a plunge router. You don't have problems with it slipping, etc. I got it at Woodworkers Store in W-S for $69, but it has now gone up to $99. But it is still worth it in my opinion. This is not to put down the Colt, wihch is a good router.
Jim in Mayberry

I like Freud. I have a fixed base in my router table and a dado stack. Did it come with the bells and whistles?

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I bought a rebuilt Colt - saved a few buck and it looks brand new. I filed down a spare 10mm wrench to use when changing bits. The spindle lock is the worst thing and it works, it's just a pain because you have to push it in so far. I don't love the height adjustment mechanism but it also works. It's a nice router, not perfect but no tool I have used is. I studied the revews and I think I got the best alternative.

Jim

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Holy cow. HF usually scares me on most things that plug in. How is the depth adjustment on it?

I also own the HF and it is ok, the plastic base and plate make it a little light and wanders off a bit. But for the $ its pretty decent.

Also the depth adjustment is easy to manage, just loosen and turn knob to raise and lower.

Amazon sells reconditioned Bosch see link. If the $75 deal doesnt happen.

http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Recon...TF8&coliid=I2D5LPMQVZF6AQ&colid=2S93W37OJPSKO

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS