Pallet tool

rusty

New User
Rusty
I found some decent hardwood pallets. Thinking about some shelves and drawers.
Looking for a 'double pallet buster' that won't break the wood boards.
Does anyone have recommendations for this.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
I found some decent hardwood pallets. Thinking about some shelves and drawers.
Looking for a 'double pallet buster' that won't break the wood boards.
Does anyone have recommendations for this.

I've got this one: Eizzy Bar Pro - Clear Vue Cyclones (won in the 2018 Raffle!! Can't wait to see the 2020 Raffle prize list!!)

I'm in Clayton probable 10 mins from Archer Lodge if you'd like to try it out.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
I don't have one of these, but it seems to be the best design on the market for disassembling pallets. I liked this design with the pivoting feet to minimize breaking the wood slats. Unfortunately, I seem to have only saved the photo and not the name of the source.

Charley

Attachments

• Pallet Buster 2 81v+dKzfU4L._SL1500_.jpg
    Pallet Buster 2 81v+dKzfU4L._SL1500_.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 168

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
My question is "What was on those pallets?" Because pallets are recycled, you never know what has been on them before.

rusty

New User
Rusty
These 2 pallets were from grizzly. Got ultra quit dust collector brand new, one use. Hardwood is 1/2 & 3/4 thick. Too good to pass up

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Single use pallets, should be OK. Oh yeah, I think you left an "E" out of spelling of quite. Not sure I would want an Ultra QUIT anything. ROFL!

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Cut the nails if you are going for the slats. It is the best way to preserve the material and not crack it.

If going for the 2x4 portion then use either that tool or better, use a 24" flat bar and a 2lb sledge. That makes quick work of them and then you can remove the nails in their entirety.

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
Plan on having some wastage when recycling pallets for projects. I have used the wide pry bars and hammer blows to salvage pallets in the past.
When I lived in South Georgia I heard a story of some pallets that came from the local Firestone tire plant. Seems one of the maintenance guys salvaged some pallets to make some hog pens. The wood was Teak. Likely the most expensive pens in the country. Pallets were used to ship some machine parts from some Asian country. Wow.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
When working with pallet wood, be alert to any adverse health symptoms, because the wood dust may be the culprit. Pallets can be a source of unique woods, especially from some of the off-shore places. It would be best to wear respiratory protection, because there is no way of you knowing what insecticides/biocides they have been treated with to meet import/export regulations. Many of the chemicals banned or highly restricted in the US are still used by many countries. Just because it came to you from a US source does not mean that is where the pallet originated.

Yeah, I know. Preaching to the choir! LOL

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
You can use a plug cutter around the nails and cut plugs in clear wood. Glue the plugs into the perfectly dimensioned holes matcing grain direction. No cracks/splits. It almost looks like real wood you paid for when you're finished.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS