Paint Sprayer

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
A good friend of mine just posted this video on Facebook. If you use a paint sprayer, watch it.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/100000664700628/videos/2310399672325500/[/video]

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I had that happen to a co-worker using my airless sprayer - the one I no longer use

I did close to the same by injecting water/soap into the top of my foot with a pressure washer - I was wearing sandals. I wear boots now

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Although the spray may seem gentle several inches from the nozzle, right at the tip the pressure can be in thousands of pounds per square inch due to the small size of the orifice. I had a co-worker that blasted a hole through his boot when he rested a pressure washer on it (we were cleaning paint build-up off a hangar floor with a commercial pressure cleaner). He triggered it as he was picking it back up. He was lucky in that the jet went between his big toe and the next toe, so ended up with some shredded skin on both toes, but no major injury.

Good practice is to never put your hand/finger directly over the tip orifice. Even after the machine is turned off, the pressure will remain until the gun is triggered. Same advice goes for removing a clogged tip. The pressure is still there until the tip is loosened enough to bleed it off, so may blow out around the threads or the collar.

Last edited:

Jeff

New User
Jeff
The adjustable operating pressures can be 1000-3000 psi so that's pretty powerful at the spray tip.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Fred is a phenomenal studio drummer and recording engineer. He was once criticized for cheaping out and using a digital drum machine on a recording. The listener could tell it was a drum machine because the playing was so precise. In reality, it was Fred playing.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Thanks for sharing that helpfull tip Mike. We some times let our minds wander when they should be on high alert

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
When the painting contractors were painting my studio they told me that an airless sprayer was well capable of blowing paint completely through a human body. I also found out that there are voids in a concrete floor. If someone on the floor above shoots a RamSet it could come through to your floor.

Pop

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS