Paging Sully - 15" Crescent Jointer on Raleigh CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
Not mine. Looks like it is fully rusted and ready for restoration, but I must say the paint doesn't look all that bad from the picture. Not sure if the price is good or not, but I don't see these pop up on craigslist very often.

Crescent 15" Joiner - $700 (Youngsville)

3 phase built-in motor
For restoration

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/2674350054.html

Sully

New User
jay
I would be surprised if it's actually 15". :eusa_thin It's most likely a 12" cutterhead and the poster measured the width of the infeed table at 15".

It looks to have the blade guard but the fence doesn't look original too me. Also, I'm curious as to what all those other things are that are on the pallet. There appear to be two electrical boxes mounted on the infeed side in addition to two lying on the pallet. I wonder if these might be part of a static phase converter (no doubt the motor is 3 phase unlesss it's been rewound). There's also something else lying on the front of the pallet that vaguely resembles a euro-style blade guard. The price seems reasonable to me. Purchasers should check to see if it's babbit or ball bearings and if the cutterhead is a square head, i.e. a finger eater. :elvis:

In any event, it's way too small for what I'm looking for. :rotflm:
J

Sully

New User
jay
Looking at this more it also appears to be nearly identical to the one I have for sale. Other than mine is belt drive and this one is DMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS