Outreach - Stokes Stomp - Danbury 9/14/2019

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
If I try works with you I'll be up early Saturday morning like 8am and set up my bench and tools, I can be set up in about 20 minutes park the truck and take a nap before things get going.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
WE would lovetosee some new members come out for this one. Good oneto get started on especially if your in the Triad area

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
The weather forecast looks good for Saturday. Come on out and be under the shade trees near the Dan River. You'll have a good time helping as a NCWW volunteer!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I wonder if I could drive over to Meadows Of Dan and put a canoe in the Dan River there and float down to Danbury. I doubt the river is navigable all that way - drops a few hundred feet - probably some rapids and water falls along the way. And I don't have a canoe.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm just curious. Where do folks stay overnight if they'll be setting up on Friday for the event Saturday?
There are several B&B in the area and some cabins at Hanging Rock State Park which is only a couple miles away.
The nearest regular hotel is in King which is about 30 minutes.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I wonder if I could drive over to Meadows Of Dan and put a canoe in the Dan River there and float down to Danbury. I doubt the river is navigable all that way - drops a few hundred feet - probably some rapids and water falls along the way. And I don't have a canoe.
You would have to make it around the dam and through Kibbler Valley which is whitewater.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm just curious. Where do folks stay overnight if they'll be setting up on Friday for the event Saturday?
Jeff, those too us that are setting up are local to the area, speaking for myself, I'll be in my own bed.

Drive on up Saturday and visit the area, or take up Mike's response and visit one of the B&Bs Friday night.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Order us up some cooler weather this year. Last year wasn't too bad, but the year before was too hot.

Forecast for Saturday is 82, with possibility of isolated afternoon showers

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Yes, it was a beautiful day for the Stokes Stomp yesterday. Many thanks to all who came out to help with this Outreach event! Here are some photos from Dirk (golfdad), a few attending, and yours truly:

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I had a nice day, the people watching and encounters were a lot of fun. I enjoyed sharing Woodworking to the general public.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS