Outreach - Klingspor Extravaganza 10/25 & 10/26

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Quickly approaching...The Klingspor's Extravaganza is one of the many ways we can support Coleman and the Klingspor's team. Setup will be on Thursday night, with 2 full days on Friday and Saturday. We will need volunteers to meet and greet, man the lathes, assist with the flat work (birdhouses, etc.). Bring samples of your work and talk about how you built it with other woodworkers!

If you've never attended, this is the regional event to visit! If you visit, stop by our booth and help out for a couple of hours if you cannot commit to a half or full day.

Klingspor's Extravaganza 2019
Location is the Hickory Metro Convention Center

Thursday setup Noon-Until​
Friday 9AM-6PM​
Saturday 9AM-4PM​
Neal
RichardRichard (bench/hand tools)Richard
KenKen (birdhouses)Ken (birdhouses)
MichaelMichael (Pyrography)Michael (Pyrography)
Barry WBarry W (lathe)Barry W (lathe)
BertaSteve (lathe)
ChuckRich (lathe)Rich
Dirk (lathe)Dirk (lathe)
Phil (morning-noon)Mike
Berta (scroll-saw)Berta (scroll-saw)
Chuck (lathe)Chuck (lathe)
Marney (meet/greet)Marney (meet/greet)
PappiJoe
JohnnyJohnny
ChrisChris
Scott Scott (until noon)
Rich

Last edited:

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Barry, open for suggestions. I was not able to help with the setup last year. What worked, and what could have worked better?

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I plan on being there all three days, I'll have my bench and tool chest.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Unfortunately, this will be the first time I will miss it. I will be training my replacement (at Bosch) as I approach my retirement date.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Raymond, sorry to hear you will not be able to make it, but congrats on being one step closer to retiring!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I always plan to be there from about noon on Thursday (for setup) to the end of the event. I will be booking a room at the Hampton Inn, which is within walking distance of the Convention Center for the entire event, leaving late on Saturday. Do to my physical health I won't be able to help much with setup or take down, but can provide a lot of moral support to those more able to do so.

I will be available in the booth to help both days of the event. Probably to help build bird houses or something else that doesn't require standing for long periods of time.

Raymond, we'll miss you, but hang in there, retirement is a great place to be.

Just finished booking my reservation for the Hampton Inn for 24-26 of October. See y'all there.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I'm planning to be there by noon on Thursday also and stay through the whole event! Count me in for setup, tear down, and what ever happens in between during the show!

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Barry, open for suggestions. I was not able to help with the setup last year. What worked, and what could have worked better?

It seems that noon remains the preferred time to begin setup. That allows enough time to not be in a rush and, probably more importantly, to enjoy the delicious lunch provided by Klingspor and Coleman.:D I will have the trailer in Hickory by noon.

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
Neal,

My wife and I will be there on Friday and Saturday.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will be there from 9:00 am to noon on Friday. I typically bring some simple project that others can also demo, but this year I seem to be out of ideas

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've updated the volunteer list above. We'll need greeters to help kids get into lines, talk about who we are & what we do, etc.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
We are in. Me and Chuck. Thursday, Friday and Saturday. He will be on the lathes.
I will be on the scrollsaw. Please tell Colman I will. be giving a scrollsaw 101 Demo.
I usually sell at least one.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I can do some greeting to. We would love some new faces this year. Please come out and join us. A few hours or all day. This is a great event

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
I am just confirming, unfortunately, that the family trip is over that weekend this year. I cannot help or even make it :-(

Feel free to send me some pity tools.

BUT DEFINITELY get lots of pictures for social please please please!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS