Outreach Event in Walnut Cove cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
We are looking for volunteers on May 21st in Walnut Cove. Great time for some of ya'll in the Triad to come help with a great event. Please let me know if you can give us a hand. As of right now there are 3 of us. WE could use at least 4 more easily. Thanks in advance

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Re: Outreach Event in Walnut Cove

Mike I have yourself, Barry and myself so far.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

I can probably make it - It's a long drive but what the heck. Let's see more of you Triad Area folks volunteer for this.

If this is anything like last year, we'll need turners to make light sabers and scrollers to demo the Scroll Saw and what can be done with it. This is a street fair in Downtown Walnut Cove - it'll be outside and there will be electricity.

There are lots of neat displays and demonstrations set up to visit while you're there.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member

Thanks Ken..You can hitch a ride with me if Susan dosent want to go

NCDon

New User
Don

I can be there. I am by no means an expert at scrolling but I can do simple stuff. I have not done any turning. On the scroll saw I have done the 3D reindeer (7 1/4" and 2 1/2 "), some shadow photos, grapevine shelf, humming bird rocking chair, etc. If this is sufficient, I will do what I can. Let me know.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member

Welcome Don . We will be glad to have you. Will send info later on

alcamize

New User
Harlee

It's not to far for me but I'm kinda curious what kind of event it is or what you need volunteers to do. I can come do point and do things lol

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member

Harlee we would love your help. There is always something to do . WE will have you comfortable doing something.Can we put you down as a volunteer?

Last edited:

alcamize

New User
Harlee

I'll know after Wednesday for sure (gotta put in vacation day at work), but unless anything big happens I'll be there to help.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member

Sounds good......looking forward to meeting you

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member

Dirk, What time do you need bodies to begin setup?

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member

We need to start setting up by 9 am. Mike if you see this can you get us an address?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

It's on Main Street between the little hot dog diner and the City park. Hard to miss.

5th street and Main is the address, no number that I can find...

Here are a couple pics to let you know what you are looking for.

IMG_0051.jpg IMG_0052.jpg

Last edited:

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member

It's on Main Street between the little hot dog diner and the City park. Hard to miss.

5th street and Main is the address, no number that I can find...

Here are a couple pics to let you know what you are looking for.

Mike, just for clarification, are we in the parking lot of the vacant brick-faced building - the old DeHart Dentist Office? Where should we park?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

Mike, just for clarification, are we in the parking of the vacant brick-faced building - the old DeHart Dentist Office? Where should we park?

Thanks.

Yes that is the place. After unloading any supplies you have then you can park behind the building. The trailer will take up most of the lot in front of the building.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

I stopped by and checked in with the WC festival boss lady today.

She said they are blocking off Main Street this year and will have venders all down the center of the street.

We will need to get a parking place before 8:30 or park further away and walk. There is a back road one block West of Main that we can use to get to the old dentist office if you run a little late.

just be aware that the police will have the road blocked after 8:30.

alcamize

New User
Harlee

Got my day approved and found directions so I'm good to be there

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS