Outreach Event-Asheville

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Klingspors will be having their 5 year anniversary at their Asheville location March 28th. This is a call for volunteers to work the event. Hours are typically 9-4. Last year we had minimal turnout, let's reverse that this year.

Here is the info that Coleman has sent.

"We will have a heated tent as we normally do and lots of great door prizes and $750 Grand Prize drawing as well as great vendor specific door prizes. We will also have a food truck for lunch.

We need any talents that you guys could offer... we will do what we need to do to have tools, etc there for your folks to work off of.

If anyone wants to be a Main Demo person - we will break them out and make a HUGE deal about them being there."

1 - Bruce (Sawman101) - scroll saw 3D items
2 - Raymond
3 - Tonika (tgillis) - lathe

Last edited:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I will be there this time, and I will scroll saw 3D items. I'd love to try out the Pegas, but DW788 should be OK.

Tgillis

Tonika
Corporate Member
Klingspors will be having their 5 year anniversary at their Asheville location March 28th. This is a call for volunteers to work the event. Hours are typically 9-4. Last year we had minimal turnout, let's reverse that this year.

Here is the info that Coleman has sent.

"We will have a heated tent as we normally do and lots of great door prizes and $750 Grand Prize drawing as well as great vendor specific door prizes. We will also have a food truck for lunch.

We need any talents that you guys could offer... we will do what we need to do to have tools, etc there for your folks to work off of.

If anyone wants to be a Main Demo person - we will break them out and make a HUGE deal about them being there."
As long as i'm not working at the Winston location, I wood love to come turn, maybe a few bowls this time

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Our local club (Western NC Woodworkers Association) will have a booth in the tent for sure which I will man with several of our members so I won't be able to help with the NCWW booth. Nonetheless, we'll look forward to seeing many of you for the event.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Love to be there guys but its a bit far for a day event for Me

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
We did take the trailer the first year and one other time - we realized that we could only set up one lathe with the room that was available and decided that it was easiest to just make our presence known than to set up and demo.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
We took it 2 years ago, but like Raymond said, we can use west Coleman has available.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I definitely will be demonstrating compound cutting on a NEW Pegas scroll saw. I have arranged it with Coleman and actually did a piece last Saturday on the saw. I invite anyone that is interested to try out the saw during the Open House. It is a very nice saw with some innovative features at the price of an entry-level saw. With the Pegas you will most likely never feel the need to upgrade.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
No worries about the coronavirus being spread at the event? Just curious.

It's up to Coleman to decide to host the event, it's up to each individual here to decide to make the trip. This is strictly a volunteer activity, we don't get paid to go.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS