Out of my slump ( sorta )

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
been in a hard-core death spiral as far as creativity and shop motivation for some time now :( Can't explain it .....know better than to even try :nah: A co-worker wanted to commission a portrait and I almost said " no " but took it anyway with the understanding that the results may be a long time coming and there was no guarantee of success. Took awhile to get started but once I found the groove it went along pretty well. Didn't really snap my slump but it at least got me inspired to clean my shop and that's as good a start as any I guess ;)

Here are the results :

twila2.jpg

twila3.jpg

It has been delivered and the recipient is happy so I'll file this one in the " successful " folder :cool:

Thanx for lookin :D

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Robert,

You may be in a slump, but you have not lost your talent. I, too, hit times when I am not motivated to work in the shop. Many times it hits me during the hot part of the summer or dead of winter, because my shop is not climate controlled. Also, on some larger projects, I loose interest part of the way through.

I look for new projects online and in magazines. Sometimes this helps. With larger projects, I just have to continue until it is completed.

Good luck on working out of this slump. You are too talented to give up.

Steve H.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Hey Artist - You being a musician and all you already know how to cure this slump thingy... Time to kick it up a notch and reach for something new... a lot more challenging... something that will inspire that artistic flair... You know where I'm going. Look man many a folk would give their right arm to be able to produce SS portraits like you do (me being one of them).

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Robert,
That is absolutely amazing. I don't know how you do it.
Let's see more of your work when you aren't in a slump:gar-La;

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Fine work there Robert! :icon_thum

A piece that will be treasured for years to come. Slump is not a bad thing considering how hot it has been the shop. We (me anyway) need to take a wee breather these days.

Well done and thanks for sharing your fine work.

Wayne

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dude - You're teaching of the Wounded Warriors inspired me to get a better scroll saw and try to do better work myself. Keep up the good work. I've been in a minor slump due to problems with my knee, but trying to work through it.

Hope it works out for you and keep on keepin' on.

- Ken.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Big Bro, I know how you feel. It's hard for me to get motivated in this hot weather. That piece is your usual "par excellance!" You still da Man! :icon_thum

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Big Bro, I know how you feel. It's hard for me to get motivated in this hot weather. That piece is your usual "par excellance!" You still da Man! :icon_thum

Hey Reg - I thought old dudes like you were in a permanent slump :gar-La;

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good question Cathy. What size and type blades are most useful for the kind of work that is done by the scrollers here? And where is the best place to buy them? And how do you store them? Questions, questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS