Our Spring Donation Drive is Underway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
IT'S HERE!!
OUR SPRING DONATION DRIVE IS UNDERWAY!

Twice a year we come to you and ask for a donation to keep the site going.
We have no dues, no admission, no registration fees, no user fees of any kind.
We DO have bills though. Keeping this site operating takes funds.

We have been granted non-profit status. A part of that is relying on our membership
to keep us going in the form of donations.
Our goal for this drive is $2000. That sounds like a lot of money, but -
consider that as of last night -
We have 5,202 registered members.
We have 813 active members.
In the past 24 hours, 370 of our members have visited the site.
In the past 24 hours, 2960 guests have visited the site.
So what is $2000 compared to the number of people that use this resource?
Sounds to me like a small price to keep this site operating.

In the next day or so, a link to donate will be posted. Please do your part to help us all keep this site
operating. We don't ask for a minimum. We do ask that every member that is able, make whatever donation they are able. It all adds up, and we appreciate every person's contribution.
Your donation is private. There are no special rewards, no titles, no special incentive, no list of donors or amounts. What you get is the satisfaction of keeping the site going, and knowing you did the right thing for the site.

Perhaps your company has a program for matching donations to non-profits? We have been granted non-profit status.:eusa_danc
Perhaps your company has a program for matching donations to non-profits? As we are now a 501(c)(3), companies that have a matching policy can match their emplyees contributions to NCWW.[/QUOTE]

This will be going on for the next while, and we hope to make it as easy as possible for you to make your donation. Thank you for your support of our site!
Without you we don't exist~

Last edited by a moderator:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Re: It's here~

Thank you in advance to all NCWW members that donate. And please remember that all of your donations are now deductible on your federal income tax. As well if your employer matches, we now qualify for that match to be deductible..

NCTurner

New User
Gary

Since we do not appear to be listed on my companies 3:1 matching program, there is some paperwork that needs to be filled out and returned, whom should I send it to?

aplpickr

New User
Bill
How about leadership setting up reaccuring donations with Paypal. A few dollars a month makes it almost painless, and can add up to more and larger donations.

Dragon

New User
David
IT'S HERE!!
OUR SPRING DONATION DRIVE IS UNDERWAY!

We have 5,202 registered members.
We have 813 active members.
In the past 24 hours, 370 of our members have visited the site.
In the past 24 hours, 2960 guests have visited the site.
So what is $2000 compared to the number of people that use this resource?
Sounds to me like a small price to keep this site operating.

Andy, based on your stats above, imagine if the number of registered members gave just $1.00?
How about the "active" members donating as little as the cost of one gallon of gas? Last donation drive, I posted up a couple classified ads promising a portion of the proceeds would be donated to NCWW. The ads seemed to have worked because most of what I posted sold and I made the promised donations. I'm seriously considering doing the same again this time around. Be watching...

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt

Thank you in advance to all NCWW members that donate. And please remember that all of your donations are now deductible on your federal income tax. As well if your employer matches, we now qualify for that match to be deductible..

Just a subtle suggestion:

Place the fact that , "Donations are fully deductible" in your banner ad for Quarterly donations. Then point to FAQ's re: donations.

This message needs to be constantly repeated as new members are addded almost daily.

I currently see no less than 3 separate threads all asking/saying virtually the same thing.

M

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I think it would be amazing if every eligible member were able and did donate money. Let's see, 5218 members, 2 - fundraisers shooting for $2000 each. That's about 76 cents a year per registered member. I know it isn't that easy.
Truth is we always seem to have a low percentage of members contribute monetarily. I know we all contribute what we can and every contribution is important! The staff would never want to sound like we are not appreciative of every member and what they bring to the site. Diversity, knowledge, experience, energy, enthusiasm - everyone that comes in carries with them some spark and it shows!

To those that are able and donate money, I think the best thank you is to keep the site going, and growing as strongly as it is. In the five days of this fund drive, we have gained 16 new members!

As mentioned we are now a non-profit 501(c)(3). The time invested into achieving this was well spent, a few really went above and beyond to make it happen. As a 501(c)(3) we are tax exempt and contributions are tax deductible. We are eligible to receive matching donations from companies that match employee's contributions. Potentially this could bring us in even more money.

Thank you to each member that has donated money. We have a long way left to get to our goal. The importance of the dollars can not be overstated. I know there are a long list of reasons why people can't donate. The economy is ever present and we all do the best we can.
We feel that everyone will do what they can to continue the site and its growth.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
WOW!
2 weeks in and we are 3/4 of the way to our goal!

If you have made your donation, thank you for doing your part!

If you have not made a donation, please take a few minutes and consider it. This is our site and it is up to us to keep it going. Twice a year we have donation drives and ask everyone to contribute whatever they can to keep the site going.

It is going strong and growing!
In the two weeks of the donation drive, we have gained 54 new registered members! Pretty awesome growth rate.
Consider that in the past 24 hours we have had 387 members sign in, and 2,860 guests looking at our site. We must be doing things pretty well.

thrytis

New User
Eric
Will the NCWW booth at the Charlotte woodworking show be set up to accept donations? I wouldn't suggest advertising for donations, but it would be an easy way to donate without paypal fees for those already planning on participating in the donation drive.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Nice suggestion Thrytis.
I think that would be doable, but it might be easier to send a check straight to Joe.

If you would like to pay by check, simply make the check out to "North Carolina Woodworker, Inc." and notate in the memo section - donation.

Then mail it to:
Joe Scharle
4404 Birnamwood Ct
Holly Springs, NC 27540

Last edited:

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
CLOSE, BUT NOT QUITE THERE...

We are $135 dollars short of our goal....
We are now 93% of the way there.
If you have not made a donation yet, please consider helping out and doing your part to keep our site going and growing. We have made it as easy as we can, just click "donate now" at the sliding bar on the home page, or "Donate to NCWW" on the home page.

Speaking of growing!
In the 23 days of this drive, we have gained 96 newly registered members.
Spring is always a busy time of the year, and here it's no different.
- We just had a great presence at the Charlotte WoodWorking Show.
- Our annual meeting and Spring Picnic are just around the corner.
- We are accepting nominations for our Board of Directors.
- Some of our members are finally able to get back into their shops after the winter cold, check out the pictures popping up daily.
- Many local activities are being scheduled all the time so check the forums.

Thank you to every one that has given to our drive. Consider doing your part today.
Help us keep the site thriving and as always - jump in when and where you can!

kernnal

New User
Eric
It looks like by the end of today the goal will have been achieved!!!!!

:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS