Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
OUR FALL FUNDRAISER IS HERE!

We have started our Fall Donation Drive ~

NC Woodworker needs YOUR donations!

We all know that NC Woodworker has no registration fees and no annual dues. We rely on our membership to donate what they can. We use our donation drives twice a year to raise most of our income. We still use other ways of raising money - selling advertising space for example. Some disapprove of the ads, but the reality is - right now we need them so we can continue to provide the level of service we do.

We come to you twice a year and ask you to consider contributing a little money to keep the site operating. No one that doesn't have to know, has access to who gives what. There is no release of that information. There is no special treatment or privilege for contributing money to the site. You get is a warm feeling, and we all benefit by keeping the site running!

For the next 45 days we are having our Fall fundraiser. We will have our Progress Thermometer up and running - and will update it frequently. Our goal for this fundraiser is $2,000.

Obviously, operating a website takes money. We have monthly expenses for web-hosting. Software has to be bought and updated from time to time. The expenses keep coming, and growing.

NCWoodworker is busier than ever and our group is growing all the time. As of today, we have 4, 678 registered users/members! Who would ever had guessed 5 years ago this site would have such a user base? It is staggering to imagine where we could be in 5 more years!

The staff and our members work hard to make this a welcoming, friendly, and educational place to come to. We share information, ask questions, and concentrate on building a community around wood working. In the past 24 hours, 343 registered users/members and 3109 guests have visited OUR WEB SITE!!! With these numbers, we must be doing some things right!

If every registered user on this site gave some amount of money every year, finances would be so much easier. The truth is only a small percentage of our users give any money. That is just how it is. We know these are difficult financial times for many, but please consider giving what you can afford.

You can contribute by clicking on the Donate to North Carolina Woodworker link on the main navigation menu. Once there, you can donate by Credit Card, PayPal or by personal check.

NC Woodworker is depending on us all to do whatever we can to keep the site operating! We hope you will do your part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Looks like I made the first donation through PayPal.
A few minutes later, I received a receipt via email.
:banana:

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Jackleg is right, and we are working on it-
We are getting some responses and the thermometer will reflect it soon!
Thank you to everyone!

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
The thermometer is working AND RISING!
Hope everyone will consider helping out~
every little bit helps!

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Early response to our fund raising drive is going well!
Thank you to everyone that has donated already. Still plenty of time to donate.

Dragon

New User
David
Okay folks, I know just as well as everyone else here that money is tight and hard to come by these days but we all need to pony up to help keep this site running. With over 4,000 members that comes to a little less than 50 cents each to hit the $2,000.00 goal. With the recent virus or whatever it was that shut down NCWW for a couple days, had it not been for the hard work and dedication of certain individuals here, the rest of us would still be wondering what happened. If I can manage to squeak out a few bucks with my scrawny income, I'm sure many others can.:eek:ccasion1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS